Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Hmm, I seem to have done the same thing to my Glo. After a lot of fiddling, I give up. Anyone have a disk image for a Glo they can send me? If not, I will "borrow" a colleagues Glo on Monday.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #77
KoboJasi
KoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi davidfor!
Do you still need a disk image for a Glo? I can help you with it. Pm me and I'll give you a link.
And I would appreciate if someone could help me with a disk image of a Touch.. Thanks!

Last edited by KoboJasi; 03-13-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #78
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, but I got the image within a day of the post. If fact, I have just passed it on.

I can't help with the Touch image. My Touch is one of the older ones with fixed memory.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #79
gaarapt
gaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toysgaarapt shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Mini
My kobo mini is bricked. It's stuck with the info that's connected to the PC and charging. I have tried the hard reset pinhole, hard reset pinhole + power off. No sucess.

when i plug the kobo on the USB, it says "ns blank codex" instaled (as a device).

can you guys send me the image of KOBO MINI throu PM?

ty.

EDIT: Problem solved with unit replacement. Ty all

Last edited by gaarapt; 03-16-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #80
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJasi View Post
Hi davidfor!
Do you still need a disk image for a Glo? I can help you with it. Pm me and I'll give you a link.
And I would appreciate if someone could help me with a disk image of a Touch.. Thanks!
KoboJasi, I don't believe you've confirmed yet (sorry if you have), do you need a Touch image of the OLD or the NEW Touch?

I can get you one for the OLD Touch [I think, I haven't checked if my Touch has an internal µSD yet].
Old 03-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #81
MarcoB
MarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toysMarcoB shares his or her toys

can you send me this image also?

Hello Serpentine, can you send me this image also?

I'm having trouble after updating my Kobo Touch. It hangs in the Restarting screen. Nothing helps...

I already got the internal sd card out of the reader. But I can't read it with my windows 8 computer. I got the message that the device should be formatted.

Thanks in advance!!!

MarcoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
I will upload the image of the minisd card that I dd'd off when I got my new unit. Just gonna take a while with my terrible line speed. Will link it here when I'm done.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #82
AlainP
AlainP began at the beginning.

MicroSD image for Kobo Touch needed

Hi All !

I also encountered a problem when upgrading to the firmware 2.4.0 on my Kobo Touch.
I tried everything. Unfortunately, the screen remains on the black "restarting screen".
I have no alternative but to restore an image on the microsd (with WinImage or something else).

Unfortunately, I have no image.

Could someone provide me with one ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

AlainP

Last edited by AlainP; 04-11-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #83
simongigi
simongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toys

Device: kobo touch
hi guys,

anybody willing to PM me the image?
I happily bricked my N905C while messing with the upgrade

thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #84
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

simongigi,

Sorry, I cannot help you with the image. Did you try a factory reset? I don't think it is very easy to destroyed the recovery partition while messing with the upgrade, provided one does not try to do something very "advanced."
Old 06-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #85
simongigi
simongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toys

thanks, i tried everything
when it's bricked it's bricked
need the image to fix my stupid mistake sideloading FW

sb be merciful and share the SD img pls
Old 06-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #86
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Have you tried holding the off switch for ten seconds to ensure a shutdown, then depress the menu button, hold it, hold the paperclip in, and then the power switch? You should get a restore from the recovery partition and revert to the original firmware the device came with when it was manufactured.

My Touch(N905B) got messed up during the update and that's what I had to do to get it in a state where I could update it from the desktop software.

Worth a try if you haven't. The internal micro sdhc should not get messed up to the point that recovery does not work unless you screw up while trying to back up a disk image from the internal sdhc.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #87
simongigi

I.
Tried.
Everything.
Need.
Image.
Now.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #88
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
O
K

M
y

e
x
p
e
r
i
e
n
c
e

has been that

people
who
make
statements
that
need help... I hope you get it.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #89
fred derf
fred derf began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
ok so i bricked my kobo mini

i am getting a SD card reader and a new SD card but i am guessing i will also need a drive image, is there one still available?

any help would be much appreciated
Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

fred derf: I have sent you a PM with a link.
Closed Thread