Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #76
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
I live in Oklahoma City . Ordered on the 18th with my paypal and it completed and paid them on the 19th.
How were you able to pay with PayPal? I'm also in the U.S. and that was not a payment option for me, just the standard credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, AMEX...
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #77
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
How were you able to pay with PayPal? I'm also in the U.S. and that was not a payment option for me, just the standard credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, AMEX...
I just entered the paypal card number like it was a mastercard. I have a paypal debit card. It runs through my paypal account and is basically just like the debit credit card you have at a bank.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #78
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Okay, so today is the day the Aura were supposed to be shipping and still no sign of my Aura. Are there others out there who pre-ordered and still have not gotten shipping notices? I ordered a week ago today and my card was charged right away, so Kobo has had my money for a week now, with no indication that it is being shipped. I am getting rather annoyed.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #79
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
I ordered on the 22nd at about 6am, and immediately received the order confirmation email (only one email) and a charge has been pending on my CC since the same day. Otherwise... No more updates from Kobo. I tried the live chat yesterday to check the order status, and was told that the order isn't in their system and the charge should go through first for the order to be entered/updated in the system and processed for shipping.

I like their hardware, but have been holding off buying a Kobo because of all the complaints on the CS and the SW. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens... If they don't charge and don't ship, I'm not ordering again and it's their loss. The charge is still a temp auth on my CC... Urgh.
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #80
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
Okay, so today is the day the Aura were supposed to be shipping and still no sign of my Aura. Are there others out there who pre-ordered and still have not gotten shipping notices? I ordered a week ago today and my card was charged right away, so Kobo has had my money for a week now, with no indication that it is being shipped. I am getting rather annoyed.
Ordered on the 17th and still awaiting my shipping email. The only response from Kobo so far was an email reply stating my order was in the system and currently processing.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #81
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Mine's here! Arrived this morning, before 10:30AM. Since tracking estimated delivery for Friday, I'm happy! The FedEx guy did get my signature before handing it over.

Playing with it obsessively! Not sure if I should have ordered the sleep cover, thinking that one over still. Love the screen!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #82
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Received my tracking number.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #83
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
I ordered on the 22nd at about 6am, and immediately received the order confirmation email (only one email) and a charge has been pending on my CC since the same day. Otherwise... No more updates from Kobo. I tried the live chat yesterday to check the order status, and was told that the order isn't in their system and the charge should go through first for the order to be entered/updated in the system and processed for shipping.
I ordered mine from WHSmith UK, I have received a confirmation email that it has been sent, but no tracking information to see where it is on its journey. My CC does not show pending charges, and the charge for my Auro will probably not show up until tomorrow. Yes, I am rocking in my chair, repeaiting "Patience, patience, patience", as a mantra........and no, that is not working for me, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PS Oops, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, a thousand apolgies for hijacking this US only thread, take pity on me, I live on a tiny storm tossed island on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean

Last edited by Breid; 04-25-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: To add craven apology in PS
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #84
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Received my tracking number.
Me too, just arrived. Guess it will be mailed out tomorrow.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #85
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
ordered the 16th/charged 19th/2 emails confirming/no tracking number yet...
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #86
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Just got my email with tracking number, It is coming from Canada Post. woo hoo!
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #87
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Hi Everyone who has not got a tracking number yet. I never even received an email from kobo . I however did a chat a few nights ago and got my order number. Just got off chat a few minutes ago( short wait time) gave them my order number and received my tracking number Canada post (then I guess a hand off to USPS).

Good luck.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #88
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I ordered on 17th morning, directly through KOBO website; beside an email invoice, KOBO's customer service were not able to track it down for a few days.
Finally I have a second order number. The explanation is unpleasant. Whichever system received my order was not directly handled by KOBO. A few days later, KOBO's system began to handle it, so my order number was changed to a different number - at this point, KOBO started to prepare my order. My order was put in the end of the line, even it was placed early. That also explained my card was charged, refunded, then charged again.

It's like the e-commerce 10 years ago. (I'll request a cancellation, and I'll see how it goes.)

Last edited by david8866; 04-25-2013 at 09:37 PM.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #89
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
I just entered the paypal card number like it was a mastercard. I have a paypal debit card. It runs through my paypal account and is basically just like the debit credit card you have at a bank.
Oh you mean the PayPal credit card; I thought you meant the option to pay with a PaPal account (not a credit card).

Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #90
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Got mine today!! Ordered on 22 April, it shipped from Hong Kong on 24th, and FedEx delivered today (signature required). I ordered the Ivory Aura HD & Onyx sleep cover, and both shipped together.

Set up over WiFi was flawless!! Once WiFi connected, it immediately downloaded firmware 2.5.1, without a hitch (mostly). There was 1 place (Device Info?) that still shows version 2.5.0.

As I'm new to Kobo, I'm still acquainting myself with the UI. But 1 thing that stands out - the light is, IMHO, heads & shoulders better than the KPW light (yes, I have a KPW - since the day it was released last October). It's not even close! The light is even throughout, with nary a hint of splotches/ blotches like those that plague the KPW.

So far, it's a keeper & I fully expect it will become my main reader!