Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
rlefranc
rlefranc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Add Sort Critera To Saved Search

I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn't find anything on it....

Is there a way to add a sort criteria to a Saved Search? For example, saving a search with all of my Mystery tagged books by the most recent modified date.

I can obviously sort in the GUI but I'm using the server on various devices and wanted to be able to add this search. Thanks!
rlefranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can sort on the server as well. Click the all books link and then the listting of books has a drop down at the top you can use to select the sort order.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
rlefranc

I do see that from a regular browser but not in the mobile version of Stanza or Calibre. I was hoping to add a saved search like the already existing 'Newest' category, except by tag/genre. Like Newest Mysteries, Newest Romance, etc. and have those saved searches appear in order from newest to oldest. As it stands, I've been able to subset my searches by tag but they appear to all be in title order.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stick /browse at the end of the url to see the regular version in a mobile browser. To to mention that the mobile version also has a sorted box in the top right area that you can use to control sorting.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
rlefranc

Thanks for your quick response! My main concern is within the Apple Stanza app and the Andriod Calibre apps...I've got access to my ebooks on all of my various devices and while the browser version of my books allows the view that I'm looking for, the apps don't seem to. So I thought I could add this view by using a custom saved search. Is it not possible to add a date sort criteria to the saved searches?
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, it isn't. Searching and sorting are two entirely different operations.