Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
gilly78201
gilly78201 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
question about app storage and internal storage

my internal storage is supposed to be for newstand, books, music, docs, and videos. but I actually have none of that on my kindle fire, no mags, no books stored, and a total of 3 songs, I just have game apps. does this look right?

gilly78201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You can have apps that don't take use of the SD card.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Get a copy of sandisk memory manager app on the amazon app store to see what files are taking up your space and how much space and where they are located to keep or remove

U can sort by type and size
There are others as well

Use es file explorer app and check your downloads directory as there can be a lot if junk left in there if don't move/clean it out often just like you Pc.

Also some apps leave residual files even after uninstalling them.
Another reason to use a file manager app for your Fire's built in SD card to clean it up
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
gilly78201
gilly78201 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
downloaded both, used them, and I'm seeing a change already. thanks alot everyone for those tips. but one question, while using sandisk, I see that I have 275 photos, but I really have none on my kindle fire, I've tapped the tab to see these "photos" and they are all png's. and they look like backgrounds to some games, borders, app logos, should I delete all that?
gilly78201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
Well, these images could be data from an app you are using or one you have uninstalled. A few games do download a lot of data and they like to use the "SD card" if one is available (this is how Android sees the partition that the Fire refers to as "Internal Storage") because on a phone that would be where the majority of storage is located. If they appear in a directory named after an app you know you uninstalled, then I would say it's safe to remove the whole thing. Otherwise, probably not.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
most of those png files are probably small
id sort by largest file size to smallest

but the biggest offenders to wasting you previous 6.5 GB of free space is the game apps with lots of pretty graphics

books dont take up that much

also if you subscribe to any podcasts (mp3s) or blogs make sure you delete them after you're done reading as they take up a lot with the text and pix embedded
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote