Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Kindle Touch wifi not connecting - 2 questions

Good morning all,

So, my Kindle Touch Wifi will not connect to any wifi networks. I have tried at home and at work today, two places where I have previously successfully connected to wifi. I have reset the device several times. When I turn on wifi, it scans and can't find any networks.

Two questions:
1. Any other ideas on how I can troubleshoot this issue? I can't reset the router here at work (obviously) but other suggestions would be great.

2. My Kindle is jailbroken (after the 5.0.3 update) and I have the screensaver hack installed. What happens if I have to restore to factory defaults (I am afraid this is what Kindle support will tell me)? Can my Kindle even do that with the jailbreak + hacks or will it get bricked? I am not sure about this.

Thanks ....

Last edited by sparrowlight; 02-06-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: edited name of Kindle model
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
jennyarnica
jennyarnica began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
looks like your wifi is not working good.. maybe its a hardware problem.. call the cs for more help
jennyarnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have a few thoughts:

Charge up the Kindle. Wi-fi may not work so well if the Kindle battery is low.

Take it home and reset your router. I can rarely get my Kindle Touch to connect without resetting the router, though it usually can find the signal.

It could be a hardware problem, but the fact that it has worked previously makes me doubt it.

Restoring your Kindle to factory defaults will not remove your hacks. If you choose to restore it, the hacks will remain, and all of your books and settings will be deleted. Will it help? It could. No reason not to give it a try as long as you have all of your books backed up.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Thanks, y'all. I will say that my battery was full. After no luck making the wifi connect after a day, I ended up backing up my Kindle, removing the hacks (just in case, I was paranoid), restoring to factory defaults, and re-installing the hacks. We are back in business! Wifi is connecting again. I have no idea what caused the issue but restoring to factory settings definitely fixed the issue.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, troubleshooting, wifi