Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #16
jeather
Enthusiast
jeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo
Just the Kobo directory listings, or all listings? Shall I import a file or two that I transfer over from usb, and identify those files (which might be different from the ones downloaded from Kobo)? It's probably easiest for me to get you the listing if it's attached to my computer; I don't know how to print a directory listing in Android.
jeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #17
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I'm transferring wirelessly by setting up Calibre as a catalogue in Aldiko and using the Calibre server. Name the catalogue whatever you want (I always use Calibre) and then enter the catalogue url.
Use this format: http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:80xx/stanza
xxx.xxx.x.xxx is your IP address (I got a little app through SlideMe appstore called "IP Book" that tells me what my current IP in use is)
80xx is for the port Calibre uses (usually 8080), you can check that in the Calibre preferences in the Sharing over the Net menu.
My last 3 digits of the IP change regularly so each time I set up a new "catalogue" I am leaving the old one there to re-use later.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #18
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
The Kobo Android reader is a lovely app - apart from the margins. They are much too big. The same book in Mantano or Moon+ has much smaller margins, even when I switch to publisher default, so it's a Kobo thing. It's the same with the Nook app - huge margins that won't shrink down enough for me. A shame, because they're nice, polished apps, but the margins are a deal breaker for me.
Sticking to Moon+ for now.
I preferred Mantano on my Nook Color, but Moon+ is working better on my Nexus 7. I just wish there was a way to manage my library (ie put books into a "read" folder. Not too much to ask, surely!
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
The Kobo Android reader is a lovely app - apart from the margins. They are much too big. The same book in Mantano or Moon+ has much smaller margins, even when I switch to publisher default, so it's a Kobo thing. It's the same with the Nook app - huge margins that won't shrink down enough for me. A shame, because they're nice, polished apps, but the margins are a deal breaker for me.
Sticking to Moon+ for now.
I preferred Mantano on my Nook Color, but Moon+ is working better on my Nexus 7. I just wish there was a way to manage my library (ie put books into a "read" folder. Not too much to ask, surely!
The Kindle app for iOS is the same with the same huge margins. On an iPad, it may be tolerable, but in an iPhone, it's asinine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote