Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #31
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Are there any news about Android devices? Tech specs, test results?
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
By the way ... you can also include something good from the past.

Easily user replaceable and accessible battery, a simple back cover, removed by hand, and no special "tools" or "connections", just like most (old?) mobile phones, computers or even e-readers were.

And, if possible, using a totally standard battery, like Nokia o Samsung compatible, even better.

Stop trying to sell planned obsolescence, need to send back to "repair" or buy new.

Last edited by jotas; 01-18-2013 at 12:18 PM.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
I completely agree with jotas. Design is unattractive, like from the previous century(at least at the photos). Small buttons on one side are inconvenient. And having a replaceable battery would be great!
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #34
myself11
Enthusiast
myself11 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST + Kindle PW2
I'm really looking forward to an Android e-ink device, with at least Gingerbread on it, but I do agree that the pictures above show awful looking devices. They seem made of the cheap glossy plastic from the 80's.
myself11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #35
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11 View Post
I'm really looking forward to an Android e-ink device, with at least Gingerbread on it, but I do agree that the pictures above show awful looking devices. They seem made of the cheap glossy plastic from the 80's.
AFAIK only Android eink are 2.1-2.2 based: B&N nook and Sony T1 &T2
So a newer release would be a great idea
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #36
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,

I got short news concerning Android device. You can ignore the pictures above. They decided to abandon this design. New Android Boox shall be made similar to Firefly (with side buttons on both sides ) and will get Moon Light functionality too.
I hope to get new pictures tomorrow. Sample device shall be sent to me in two weeks.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #37
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
New to this forum. Waiting for the Firefly to be back in stock (too bad it wasn't on 18 january). But now I also wonder if I should wait for the new boox, in order to have android. Or will a version of android be released for the firefly as well for sure?
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #38
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kteevee View Post
New to this forum. Waiting for the Firefly to be back in stock (too bad it wasn't on 18 january). But now I also wonder if I should wait for the new boox, in order to have android. Or will a version of android be released for the firefly as well for sure?
For the Android, wait to read the first reviews ! Some people have bought the M90 before see the review... it wasn't a good idea. I think that Booxtor will make a test.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #39
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
I agree waiting for the reviews is a wise decision. But my main question is: if I want Android on my reader, do I wait for the new boox or can I expect android to be released for the firefly?
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #40
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I got short news concerning Android device. You can ignore the pictures above. They decided to abandon this design. New Android Boox shall be made similar to Firefly (with side buttons on both sides ) and will get Moon Light functionality too.
I hope to get new pictures tomorrow. Sample device shall be sent to me in two weeks.
Any idea when it marketed for in your shop?

On hard, and know it will be similar to Firefly, but have news on the microprocessor, RAM and Android version that will carry?

greetings
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #41
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

Interesting. What's moon light functionality? Is that a backlight?

Also, any update on Android for the M92?
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #42
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
Interesting. What's moon light functionality? Is that a backlight?

Also, any update on Android for the M92?
Moon light is the front light that i62 hd Firefly uses (or i62 ML AngelGlow in the ArtaTech).
There is no backlight in any eink ereader AFAIK. All illuminated ereaders have frontlight including Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Nook Touch Glowlught, Cybook ...

Last edited by Manolo; 01-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #43
myself11
Enthusiast
myself11 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST + Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
AFAIK only Android eink are 2.1-2.2 based: B&N nook and Sony T1 &T2
So a newer release would be a great idea
Yes, Sony comes with 2.2 and Nook with 2.1, which in fact is a serious limitation since several (and increasingly) apps only work properly or have the latest version available on 2.3. An example is Kindle App: the feature of easily alternate between dicts is only available on Gingerbread and beyond.

Thanks for the new info regarding onyx devices, booxtor. I eagerly await for your review.
myself11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #44
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
The minimum requirements to run Gingerbread are: 1 Ghz processor and 512 MB ​​RAM.

But something more is always better.

A greeting.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #45
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11 View Post
Yes, Sony comes with 2.2 and Nook with 2.1, which in fact is a serious limitation since several (and increasingly) apps only work properly or have the latest version available on 2.3. An example is Kindle App: the feature of easily alternate between dicts is only available on Gingerbread and beyond.

Thanks for the new info regarding onyx devices, booxtor. I eagerly await for your review.
Actually, there is an e-ink device running Android 2.3 and is priced at 150 EUR.

Last edited by slex; 01-22-2013 at 06:29 AM.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote