Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
13r
13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch
Strange problem with diags partitions

I couldn't update my kindle touch to 5.3.2 even after removing all mods (usbnet and jb). So i decided to flash it with some original images.
Downloaded many diags partitions with ssh enabled, booted, enabled ssh, and connected to ssh... but the password is always incorrect.
In all places it say its "mario", but is not working.

I am missing something here or there is another password for the diags partitions posted?

Thanks in advance.
13r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Where did you get your download image? There were some released with fionaXXX passwords, which should be documented in the pastebin or wherever.

Does fiona2bc work?

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-13-2013 at 12:17 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
13r
13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!13r , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Where did you get your download image. There were some released with fionaXXX passwords, which should be documented in the pastebin or wherever.

Does fiona2bc work?
Not working :/.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13r View Post
Not working :/.
Where did you get your download image?

Can you log in with user framework and password mario? If so, you can cat /etc/shadow, and we can crack the password with the fiona wordlist...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
13r

Found the problem. It was a stupid mistake from my part. To speed up things i usually put the static ip addresses with a name in /etc/hosts but i messed it up and used .1 instead of .244 and was connecting to myself :P. And as i used the name instead of the ip I didn't realize the problem.

Thanks anyways, and sorry.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #6
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13r View Post
Found the problem. It was a stupid mistake from my part. To speed up things i usually put the static ip addresses with a name in /etc/hosts but i messed it up and used .1 instead of .244 and was connecting to myself :P. And as i used the name instead of the ip I didn't realize the problem.

Thanks anyways, and sorry.
Ahh... Classic PEBKAC error.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-13-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by victthoe View Post
It was a stupid mistake from my part.[img]Hidden spam link removed by moderator[/img]
Déjà vu.

SPAMBOT ALERT!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Déjà vu.

SPAMBOT ALERT!
Good show, gm!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Good show, gm!
Thanks! I just noticed on a Google search that the same username victthoe was used to create six similar posts in the techguy.org forums and another six posts in the videohelp.com forums at the same time those six SPAM posts were created here in MobileRead forums. Clicking those forum links on the other web sites shows that all of those posts were removed from those forum sites as well. SPAMBOTs suck, but at least the forum moderators here and elsewhere deal with them summarily.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-13-2013 at 06:58 PM.