Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #46
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
You're probably better off making the backup with the SD card. Just make sure the SD card has enough room. I followed the idiot-directions which formatted my 8 GB SD card at 4 GB and when I tried to backup the stock ROM, it ran out of room.
You can estimate how much backup space would be needed by entering the command "df" in a Terminal-Emulator app window and looking at the "Used" stats on line-entries corresponding to the /system and /data partitions.

Last edited by livramax; 08-22-2013 at 08:46 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #47
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I show 356.8M under /system and 1.96 under /data.

Of course that's on my new CM10.1 install and doesn't help me now. Nice to know though.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #48
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Kindle problem is known. I'm not the only one having the problem.

I've managed to find the latest version of the Nook app and install that. One annoyance I've noticed is that while viewing my magazines, I can't zoom at all. Not too much of a problem on the HD+, but if I only had the 7" HD, that alone would be a deal-killer.
They've identified the problem with the Kindle app, a change to the build.prop in some of the roms. The correct setting should be:

dalvik.vm.heapsize=512m
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #49
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's nice to know, but right now, I really have no reason to upgrade - everything is working fine. I found the problem with the Nook app also. I didn't have the latest version.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #50
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
That's nice to know, but right now, I really have no reason to upgrade - everything is working fine. I found the problem with the Nook app also. I didn't have the latest version.
Yep... That's where I am at. I'm not even running the "latest" 10.1, but I've got no reason to upgrade until I see some overriding reason to. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #51
kevinp
Fanatic

Jerry, I received a popup notice on my Nook that RC2 is available. Have you installed it yet?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #52
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Jerry, I received a popup notice on my Nook that RC2 is available. Have you installed it yet?
Not yet. I'm a "wait and see" sort of guy. I prefer waiting until a few real users have wrung out some of the hidden problems.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #53
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation, Lenovo c330 Chromebook
I installed it about 2 days ago & so far everything is working, but Amazon App Store won't stay signed in unless I leave it running.
Been using tablet for quite a few hours straight & no more all of sudden with no warning reboots. So I am very happy with rc2.

Hope this helps
Mark
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #54
kevinp
Fanatic

OK, I tried it. So far, so good.