Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #46
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Congrats Anamardoll (hey our usernames are kinda similar :-)) I'm happy the sticker came off so easy. I just picked mine up a couple of hours ago, but I'm already in love with it... But is it an infatuation?
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #47
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
Congrats Anamardoll (hey our usernames are kinda similar :-)) I'm happy the sticker came off so easy. I just picked mine up a couple of hours ago, but I'm already in love with it... But is it an infatuation?
Hi, Ana! (I love our names. )

You're very welcome to follow my font saga -- I've been busy flashing the PRS+ environment to the reader, and trying to change the default reader font. I like PRS+ though -- gives folder browsing and key mapping. (IT CAN TAKE SCREENSHOTS, W00T!)
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #48
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I saw in the other thread that it was difficult. I also installed PRS+ last night and got started playing around with the fonts, but alas, the guide I was using called for renaming the font and I couldn't find a program last night that did it and gave up and just loaded a bunch of music and books on the device and decided to chill rather than giving it any more thought. I'll probably take a more serious interest in it this weekend. In the meantime, despite reading and listening to music for 3 hours last night, I still have full bars. I love e-ink :-)
Old 06-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #49
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If you just want to rename a font (in windows) just right-click on the name and select "Rename" or, on a Mac, select name and when highlighted, type new name....

Quote:
Yes, I saw in the other thread that it was difficult. I also installed PRS+ last night and got started playing around with the fonts, but alas, the guide I was using called for renaming the font and I couldn't find a program last night that did it and gave up and just loaded a bunch of music and books on the device and decided to chill rather than giving it any more thought. I'll probably take a more serious interest in it this weekend. In the meantime, despite reading and listening to music for 3 hours last night, I still have full bars. I love e-ink :-)
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #50
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, now that I FINALLY have it working, I am planning to write a guide for the process. It's pretty simple... in retrospect.
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #51
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Actually, now that I FINALLY have it working, I am planning to write a guide for the process. It's pretty simple... in retrospect.
This is the crux of the geeky things. When you got it right you wonder what made it so hard at first and made you smash some stuff while being in the process.

I'd be thankful for a guide!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #52
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
This is the crux of the geeky things. When you got it right you wonder what made it so hard at first and made you smash some stuff while being in the process.

I'd be thankful for a guide!
Oh, I know, right? How many times have I finished a grueling tech issue only to lament If only I knew then what I know now! I think that's why I like making "how-to" guides.

My plan is to get one up this weekend -- the tricky thing is gathering all the links and screenshots.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
anamardoll,

I would be immensely grateful if you posted a guide!!
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #54
anabolina
Groupie

That would be so wonderful of you Ana. I just realized that installing PRS+ didn't take on my reader so I'm even more lost then I thought I was lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #55
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
That would be so wonderful of you Ana. I just realized that installing PRS+ didn't take on my reader so I'm even more lost then I thought I was lol.
Are you sure?

I ask because this morning I rebooted my PRS-950 and was all OH NOES PRS+ IS GONE. Then I turned the reader off, popped the SD card out, turned it back on, and PRS+ was back.

I'm wondering if booting up the device with an SD card inserted hides the PRS+ stuff.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #56
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
No it doesn't... though you can have problems if the SD card still has PRS+ install on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Are you sure?

I ask because this morning I rebooted my PRS-950 and was all OH NOES PRS+ IS GONE. Then I turned the reader off, popped the SD card out, turned it back on, and PRS+ was back.

I'm wondering if booting up the device with an SD card inserted hides the PRS+ stuff.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #57
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Poppaea, RedBees, Ana:

http://www.anamardoll.com/2011/06/er...tion-with.html

I hope this is helpful.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #58
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Looks like an excellent guide. One point though, you can also use .otf font files, they work just as well as the .ttf font files. Just be sure the font names are exactly correct ending in .otf in your .css files if you should find some you like.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 06-08-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: because I spell like a putz at times...
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #59
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Ah, thank you, Ripplinger! Updated.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #60
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyor View Post
You find it under:

preferences->plugins->device interface plugins->sony device interface (1.0.0).
you then go to customize plugin at the bottom.
Thanks! Did not know all that was there! I guess I might play with it later.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote