Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-16-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
stupidtss
stupidtss began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
E-book readers (E-ink) with text editor and can connect to external USB keyboard?

Hi all,

I am looking for an E-ink E-book reader which have included a simple text editor and can connect to external USB keyboard. I already have a 9.7 inch E-book reader, but I would like to buy one more for taking study notes when I am reading (without using any LCD based PC/ tablet).

Any suggestions? Thanks.
stupidtss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
External USB anything is a tough one...

What about the Onyx Boox T68? It is an Android E-ink tablet -- perhaps it supports this.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Onyx T68 for sure. Think of it as an Android Tablet with E-Ink. Haven't tried a text editor on it but I am sure at least one of them from the Google Store will work well.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Onyx T68 for sure. Think of it as an Android Tablet with E-Ink. Haven't tried a text editor on it but I am sure at least one of them from the Google Store will work well.
Does the T68 support USB OTG? I haven't tried it to see. A Bluetooth keyboard would certainly work, though, even if a USB keyboard didn't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidtss View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for an E-ink E-book reader which have included a simple text editor and can connect to external USB keyboard. I already have a 9.7 inch E-book reader, but I would like to buy one more for taking study notes when I am reading (without using any LCD based PC/ tablet).

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Onyx Boox
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242238

or maybe reflective lcd for handwritten notes

http://www.improvelectronics.com/pro...rd-sync-9.html

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...ailable-in-us/

Last edited by markom; 07-16-2014 at 10:22 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does the T68 support USB OTG? I haven't tried it to see. A Bluetooth keyboard would certainly work, though, even if a USB keyboard didn't.
I don't know, but it's a lot more likely than any other e-ink devices.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #7
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Harry is correct. I don't know if a usb keyboard will just work. I will see if I have a suitable cable and keyboard and give it a try.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #8
stupidtss
stupidtss began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Thanks a lot.
stupidtss is offline   Reply With Quote