Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
M92 Close confirmation

I started using the new PDF-Reader after the recent updates and I don't quite understand what's the confirmation of "This book will be closed. Are you sure?" is good for. It pretty much makes the whole button superflous.

The point for the "back" button is that you can quickly go back in the first place. Asking me again kind of defies that very purpose. Now I need as many clicks as when I close the book through the menu.

If I wanted to close the book with 2 clicks I could aswell bring up the menu by pressing the "home" button and then click "close", in which case I don't get asked again.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well, other people (like me) prefer current solution.

The purpose of confirmation is that it avoids leaving the document if one pressed the Back button by mistake. It happens quite often to me....

Loading long document takes some time... So, it was quite anoying if one leaved document and did not desired to.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I also indicated this in an other thread but the most people want to have that closing confirmation and I can understand their point of view. I also have big .pdf files which takes a lot of time to be loaded
However I personally think that each time the confirmation saves me from closing a document, my reader aked me several dozen times before if I want to close when I indeed wanted to close the document.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

It is difficult to make all happy. The paterns of use are very different...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It is difficult to make all happy. The paterns of use are very different...
In the next firmware update I am going to implement some advanced settings in PDF Reader:

It shall contain following toggles:

[ ] Display Hyperlinks (already available)

[ ] Don’t ask for confirmation by closing of current document

[ ] Don’t display next/previous viewport lines

[ ] interchange direction buttons (left <-> right) (joystick of M92 only)

[ ] interchange page turn buttons (left <-> right) (for all models)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
It's a pity to remove the confirmation for closing a PDF I like the option.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Mono
Mono

It will not be removed. There will be a user setting to switch it on/off.

Everyone will be able to set it according his preferences.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Ah ! It's a good news

The M92 was the good choice !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Thanks Booxtor for the prospect.

For the sake of correctness, though, Mono, your argument doesn't make any sense. As I pointed out, if you want a "two step" process, you can go through the menu and the "Back"-Button can be made use of for some other purpose.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #10
Mono
Mono

Yes, I have nothing against using "Back" button for something else than to leave document.

The only thing I want is that if I press it (by mistake), I will not leave the document.

But, for consistency reason, I think that possibility to setup that button to leave or leave with confirmation is the best solution. Everyone will be happy.

You are right that using button for "leave with confirmation" may be considered as waste, but in that case also Menu button is sort of pointless (or Menu button on toolbar) and so on...
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #11
GKj
GKj began at the beginning.

Device: Onix I62HD
Make it general options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
In the next firmware update I am going to implement some advanced settings in PDF Reader:

It shall contain following toggles:

[ ] Display Hyperlinks (already available)

[ ] Don’t ask for confirmation by closing of current document

[ ] Don’t display next/previous viewport lines

[ ] interchange direction buttons (left <-> right) (joystick of M92 only)

[ ] interchange page turn buttons (left <-> right) (for all models)
Thanks for the prospect, Booxtor. Looking forward to it.
I would think, however, that the option to interchange page turn buttons should be implemented as a general option, not PDF's only.
Also, what are "vieport lines"?
And, Is there a manual for the PDF reader?
Thanks, GKj
GKj is offline   Reply With Quote