Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 AM   #61
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
I've got the device! And the first thing I did is is installation of FBReader. Sorry, I'm quite new to it and have a lot of questions.
The major is about long key press. Is it possible to implement? Basically I'd rather to go several (10?) pages backward/forward with a "long" page turn. And I'd love to be able to do 180 degrees flip as well as full screen mode toggle without stylus.
By the way is it possible to navigate a library with a flip-bar? And re-assign menu button?
I thing it's enough questions for a first time

Anyway, thanks a lot Iņigo for your job!

PS. Spent some more time with FBReader and figured out that such thing as "long" left-right click exists, although it's bit short for me . At least I've succeeded to re-assign long page turn back to 180 degree flip. Re-assigning long menu button press (Shift) drives the program mad.
As you have just discovered, you can bind different actions for the short/long left & right and click bar. I'ts under keys tab in settings.

If you can try FBReader on a computer to see all the choices. F.e. I don't think you could get a 10 page jump without modifying sources.

Last edited by Iņigo; 04-23-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #62
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Thanks,
After some research I've bundled FBReader package with file association script by Viacheslav ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=38 ) with some minor corrections. I like how they work together
Attached Files
File Type: zip FBReader-0.10.7-dr800-v2-pack.zip (1.67 MB, 633 views)

Last edited by Loo; 04-25-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #63
schai
schai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60 Irex dr 800sg
it seems FBreader doesn't support simplified Chinese. In settings->language_>Chinese, east Asia and traditional Chinese b5. But not simplified Chinese. Am I missing something?

Last edited by schai; 04-25-2010 at 12:45 PM.
schai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #64
Loo

I believe it can use any font. If you install fonts as advised here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79737
and then assign them for reading via settings menu it should work.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #65
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Thanks,
After some research I've bundled FBReader package with file association script by Viacheslav ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=38 ) with some minor corrections. I like how they work together
Be careful with this package.
It associates .epub extension with FBReader, you should not do it!
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #66
Loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Be careful with this package.
It associates .epub extension with FBReader, you should not do it!
Indeed. But why? FBReader process EPUB quite well . And apparently system association has higher priority. Still it probably worth to remove epub extension to be on the safe side, I've updated the package in my post above.

Last edited by Loo; 04-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #67
Iņigo
Guru

New release: v4

v4 - 2010/04/27 23:07
. requires libs from core _base package v1
. included Loo and Viacheslav file extensions association script

Download from first message.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #68
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
Iņigo
Thank you! Release works just fine! File extensions association script -- nice touch and addition to whole package. I guess, epub-association with FBReader must be optional - right as for fb2 files. The reason is that FBReader works with epub much better than IREX's soft. FBReader is more accurate and has more options. However, i have question for you. There is function "Select text" and I can place the key function "Copy to clipboard" (or something like that) as an action of long-button. But where I can find that file with saved selected text? I remember that function of FBReader for Ukrainian PocketBook, where you can see the full list of your selected and saved texts. It worked great without any touch screen. Is there such thing or I just can not find it?

Last edited by al1972; 05-12-2010 at 02:03 AM.
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #69
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Quote:
v4 - 2010/04/27 23:07
. requires libs from core _base package v1
. included Loo and Viacheslav file extensions association script

Download from first message.
I downloaded this new release as well as the _base files, but FBR won't start up on my DR800S. I get a "Wait" message, then that closes. I'm still using the original system software (not running the 2.0 beta). I've re-installed and re-booted without any success.

Anyone have any fixes I can try out?
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #70
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywitscher View Post
I downloaded this new release as well as the _base files, but FBR won't start up on my DR800S. I get a "Wait" message, then that closes. I'm still using the original system software (not running the 2.0 beta). I've re-installed and re-booted without any success.

Anyone have any fixes I can try out?
Verify that both packages are installed correctly in Programs folder.
If that's ok you should try to test from the command line.
Install rxvt package [1] or use usbnet [2], then type from the terminal:

Code:
# /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader
and post the output.

[1] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81119
[2] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81699

Iņigo
Old 05-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #71
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al1972 View Post
Iņigo
Thank you! Release works just fine! File extensions association script -- nice touch and addition to whole package. I guess, epub-association with FBReader must be optional - right as for fb2 files. The reason is that FBReader works with epub much better than IREX's soft. FBReader is more accurate and has more options. However, i have question for you. There is function "Select text" and I can place the key function "Copy to clipboard" (or something like that) as an action of long-button. But where I can find that file with saved selected text? I remember that function of FBReader for Ukrainian PocketBook, where you can see the full list of your selected and saved texts. It worked great without any touch screen. Is there such thing or I just can not find it?
The association scripts were written by Loo and Viacheslav
I will keep epub opening with internal viewer. You can always start FBReader and open file.

Regarding "copy to clipboard" I've found a "copy selected text to clipboard" action on my computer FBReader version. That won't copy selection to any file, it will copy to the clipboard instead, a temporal buffer of the X session (Operating System Graphic environment). You could paste from it on a common OS, but you won't be able to get that text on the DR800.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #72
garywitscher
Enthusiast

Quote:
Verify that both packages are installed correctly in Programs folder.
If that's ok you should try to test from the command line.
Install rxvt package [1] or use usbnet [2], then type from the terminal:

Code:
# /media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader
and post the output.

[1] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81119
[2] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81699

Iņigo
As it turns out executing from the shell tells me that FBR can not find libcurl. I noted an earlier posting here regarding this same issue. As you suggested to that user I copied the libcurl you posted to the lib dir of FBR and that fixed it.

Perhaps I'm not downloading the latest version (I've got v4)?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #73
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywitscher View Post
As it turns out executing from the shell tells me that FBR can not find libcurl. I noted an earlier posting here regarding this same issue. As you suggested to that user I copied the libcurl you posted to the lib dir of FBR and that fixed it.

Perhaps I'm not downloading the latest version (I've got v4)?
Ok, my fault, FBReader v2 used to include that library, but I missed it with the transition to "core base" package. Also, it looks like DR800 2.0beta already includes it so new versions will not require it as it's included in the new firmware (and that's also the reason why no much people got this error).

Anyway, please uncompress the attached file and copy "libcurl.so.5" to "<SD_card>/Programs/_base/lib".
Attached Files
File Type: gz libcurl.so.5.gz (117.4 KB, 411 views)
Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #74
garywitscher
Enthusiast

I don't want it to read like I am always complaining. I am very pleased with having FBReader available for my DR800SG. Some of it's features, like full rotation and the old style indicator, make it fun to use. Not to mention the extra filetype support. So, thanks a bunch for providing this.

That said, on my DR800SG, if I use the search function in FBR the system will freeze and I have to reboot the reader. I hope I'm not repeating a thread already discussed here (I did check this thread). Does this occur on all installations? If not does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this?

TIA
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #75
walter822
happy reader
walter822 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, IrexDR800S, Pocketbook IQ/701
First, thank you Inigo for your answer. I made as you suggest, unzip rxvt (I don't know any other way how to install rxvt) in my mape Program (I made it) on SD card where I have already both base-dr-v2 and FBReader-0.10.7-dr-vr4 but I always receive the answer 'The desktop app. cannot be opened.Possible the app. is already open. Close it first and try again' when I click on the icon 'FBReader.desktop or rxvt.desktop' in my SD card.
Next day after I received my DR800S, I downloaded firmware 2 if it is important for you to know.
walter822 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800s, fbreader