Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Sony emagazines and enewspapers

I know the Daily Reader will allow for downloading e-magazines and e-newspapers to the device.

Does any one know if the 505 or any of the other SOny readers will be able to purchased these items from the Sony store?
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
dmyrick
dmyrick began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Sure do hope so...others have said to use Calibre in the interim but I can't get the program to load on my Vista machine so I am confused as to how to get mags and newspapers on my 505.
dmyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
If you have mags and newspapers you want to read on the 505, try extracting the pages as individual jpgs. In my opinion that works best. After updating the latest US firmware the pdf handling got better, but still, resizing mags is kind of painful as you don't deal with continuous text like in a book. So the formatting gets thrown off. If you switch to landscape and you are able to read tiny text, the display of pdfs themselves is fairly good. But like stated, the text gets really tiny.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyrick View Post
Sure do hope so...others have said to use Calibre in the interim but I can't get the program to load on my Vista machine so I am confused as to how to get mags and newspapers on my 505.
Calibre is too wonderful for free newspapers and magazines, and runs on too many Vista machines, for you to give up easily. Perhaps try and post your screenshots of problems in the Calibre forum here?

Just a suggestion. I realize you've probably already spent a lot of time trying, but it'll be worth it all if you get it fixed. More choices than the paid services, almost as effortless.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you like SF/Fantasy and/or mystery/detective magazines, Fictionwise have a nice selection available in multiple formats.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert