Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1576
Deffy
Deffy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
forming collections based on author_sort I had a problem forming a collection on L'amour, finally found that the collection could be formed if I used Lamour as the author sort. I tried to find another example of this error but didn't so thought I should post this in case others were having a similar problem.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #1577
carryit
carryit
carryit began at the beginning.

kindle touch collections are in cc.db database

cc.db in the top folder... probably old news
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #1578
ippymiss
ippymiss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
trying to get my books to calibre

I have downloaded the kindle plug in and read everything there is to do and tried it all but I am still unable to get my books to calibre.
I have 6 folder collections on my kindle with all my books in them. total of about 700 books.
When I go to to import my collections into calibre it tells me there are no books on my kindle. I did it once a year ago and didnt have a problem, but got a new computer and wanted to start fresh.

I know I am missing something here, and not sure what it is. Help please. Thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #1579
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippymiss View Post
I have downloaded the kindle plug in and read everything there is to do and tried it all but I am still unable to get my books to calibre.
I have 6 folder collections on my kindle with all my books in them. total of about 700 books.
When I go to to import my collections into calibre it tells me there are no books on my kindle. I did it once a year ago and didnt have a problem, but got a new computer and wanted to start fresh.

I know I am missing something here, and not sure what it is. Help please. Thanks
The Kindle collections plugin IS NOT about transferring books to/from the Kindle.

It helps make those books into collections

1) when you attach your K(1,2,3,4), does Calibre recognize it (Kindle attached message at the bottom of the Library window)?

That would be the first thing to fix
Note, you can not have another recognized device (reader,phone,tablet) attached at the same time.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #1580
ippymiss

Yes it does recognize my kindle . when I click on view report of Kindle collections I see my 7 collections and 777 books. So you are saying the calibre program will not import my books from my kindle to the calibre program ? at one time I thought i had imported my books with my collections into the program. Maybe I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time.......lol Thanks

Should I delete the collections on my kindle but leave the books , will calibre or "ME" be able to then make my collections on the program then transfer the my kindle.

Last edited by ippymiss; 04-09-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #1581
carryit
carryit
carryit began at the beginning.

the way i see it...

ippymiss:
your post seems a little vague for me... but its probably me... calibre is a library/book managment system for books that reside on you computer... calibre will also transfer books back and forth to an external device such as kindle if the device is supported by calibre.... (calibre also does hundreds of other things) anyway.... "KINDLE collections" ... is a PLUG-IN for the calibre program that allows you to either manually name collections of books already on your computer and transfer those collection NAMES to your kindle or import collection NAMES from your kindle to the books residing on your computer.....

if you are looking at the books residing on your device using the calibre program by klicking on the kindle icon you wont see them in collections.... you would have to look at the books in your calibre library on your pc by clicking on the books icon to see the collections on your computer.... or look at the collections on the device itself when you unplug it from your computer...

how i use the kindle collection program.... i move books back and forth from the library on my pc to the kindle... in the calibre library i manually put each book i add to the computer into a collection.... i have a column called collection that i use.... that column must be designated in the plug in interface so the plug in knows what information to use.... once i have put all my books into collections on my computer using calibre i then use the plug in to transfer the collection names into my kindle. i use several other parameters to leave certain collections alone on my kindle and other stuff but there is a good tutorial on how to use this the plug in on the first page of this blog thread.... have fun it works on kindles that support collections except the kindle touch.... calibre isnt the plug in and the plug in isnt calibre,,,, they are simply synergistic...
Old 04-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #1582
ippymiss

Thanks carryit.....I understand all that but ....I am unable to get my books from my kindle to calibre. I have read the first page of this thread and did all that it said to do, but they will not move over and they are not on my PC. I do not know what I am doing wrong , but I will keep reading threads until I find what it is .........

Is the reason they will not move is because on my kindle I already have them in different collections? I did all that manually months ago on the kindle.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #1583
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thanks carryit.....I understand all that but ....I am unable to get my books from my kindle to calibre. I have read the first page of this thread and did all that it said to do, but they will not move over and they are not on my PC. I do not know what I am doing wrong , but I will keep reading threads until I find what it is .........

Is the reason they will not move is because on my kindle I already have them in different collections? I did all that manually months ago on the kindle.
This plugin is only about managing collections.

To move your books from the Kindle to Calibre (or vice versa) you should probably ask in the main calibre forum.

Some times the books on your kindle and those in calibre get out of sync, which can be a bit confusing. The first thing to do is connect your kindle to your pc and open calibre. Then go to the Device tab - and see if your books are marked as in calibre and on your kindle. If not you need to use calibre to import them (right click on the files). You could end up with duplicates in calibre though, so you may need more advice from calibre experts.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #1584
ippymiss

MeMe , thank you I will post in the other thread. That is the trouble I am having, I am unable to get them from the kindle to calibre. when I click on view report of Kindle collections I see my 7 collections and 777 books. but the books will not go onto the calibre. Off I goooo...... Thanks !!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #1585
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Transfering Books has Nothing to do with Collections.

With the device connected, you should see a new ('Device') icon (or 2, depending on model)
Click that. You should see a lit of books on your device (it may take a few minutes, the task wheel usually needs to stop).
Select books you want to add: right-click: Select Add to Library
Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #1586
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Moderator Notice
Can we please keep this thread on topic about managing collections in Calibre using meme's plugin only. This is *not* the place to be discussing alternative products - use the Kindle forum if you want to do that.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #1587
Raimund Parker
Raimund Parker began at the beginning.

Hello,

i am using the kindle 4 so far. Everything works fine, including collections with this great plugin.

But...

Works this plugin with the new Kindle Touch also?

http://www.amazon.de/Kindle-Touch-WL...pr_product_top

I own 2000 Entries (Not just Books, just Stuff from Amateur writers and so on, free short novels etc) and put them in 56 collections.

I will order the new kindle after somone here managed to use the collection plugin on this device, because my wife will get the (older) Kindle 4 (non touch) as an birthday present. If this collection plugin doesnt work, i will order the non touch Kindle 4.

Can anyone help please?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #1588
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
As stated in the first post, the plugin does not work with the Touch.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #1589
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
I noticed the following: when I open a collection on the KT and connect calibre via USB all books will be directly transferred into this opened collection! This helps with the first-time filling of the KT out of calibre.

You could open a collection "SF&F" and connect the KT to calibre. In calibre you take all books with tag "SF&F" and copy them into the KT collection "SF&F". This avoids the manual filling on the KT collections.

Can somebody confim this behaviour?

Klaus

Last edited by kbaerwald; 05-07-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #1590
lesen54321
Enthusiast
lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lesen54321 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
hello,

please help me. I customized some collections on the kindle 3 ,how you descrpted. And i gave most of my ebooks a Tag, which genre it is. (humour, woman etc.)

But when i send my books to my kindel 3, the yare not sorted into my collections, they are all standing afterwards the collections, what do i do wrong?

I can see a lot of customized collectionson the kindel, but none book in it?

Plesse help me and excuse my worse englisch - it is a long time ago, i have been to school.

Kind regards

lesen54321

Last edited by lesen54321; 05-07-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread