Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #61
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, the draw is almost competely out. Just the qualifiers to fill in.

Djokovic vs. Davydenko in the third round?
Federer versus Cilic in the third round?
Nadal has Ljubicic or Nalbandian in the third, but Mahut which is pretty interesting in the second round.
Murray versus Wawrinka in the fourth round? Murray's draw looks the easiest of the bunch up to that point, but that's a really quick inspection.

Federer is the winner of the Stepanek sweepstakes as a potential 4th round opponent.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #62
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fish with a 2, 2, 1 win in the first round.

And (Dr.) Ivo Karlovic over Fernando Gonzalez in the first round.

Women's 5th seed is out: Alexandra Dulgheru def. Petra Kvitova (5) 7-6 (7-3), 6-3
Old 08-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #63
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Thanks! I volunteer at my children's school all year so I won't get to watch much of the USO, unless I can remember to record it all.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #64
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

On the Stepanek ugly matchup for someone watch:

Radek Stepanek (23) def. Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-4, 6-1, 6-3
Old 08-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #65
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

saw the end of the sharapova vs Watson match. My first time seeing Watson play. I'm really proud of her and wish her well in the future. I think I like her more than Robson, but would have to see more of both of them to be sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #66
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^I don't know. Almost anyone can win the first set against Sharapova at a Grand Slam tournament.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #67
Nyssa
Series Addict

Heather played okay the rest of the match as well.

Venus won her match - yay! She always manages to make it look more difficult than the score board indicates, however. I get nervous for her when I watch her play.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #68
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Venus is my favourite US women's player over the past decade. I'm hoping she wins the whole thing, but I think she'll falter around the third round. She's got

Wozniak has totally disappeared from play this year. Only nine matches played. She did well playing through the qualifying tournament, but disappointing to be ranked 152nd after some injury time after being as high as #21.

In Canada tennis god = ranking < 50.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #69
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Venus is my favourite US women's player over the past decade. I'm hoping she wins the whole thing, but I think she'll falter around the third round. She's got

Wozniak has totally disappeared from play this year. Only nine matches played. She did well playing through the qualifying tournament, but disappointing to be ranked 152nd after some injury time after being as high as #21.

In Canada tennis god = ranking < 50.
I love Venus but I'm afraid we may never see her win a GS again.

Wozniak was beaten by American, Chirstina McHale, tonight - in 3 sets.

I can't wait to see how Serena does tomorrow. I hope she has a fantastic match!

I can't seem to find out when Andy Murray plays. I hope I don't miss him.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #70
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I'm guessing Murray is playing tomorrow which is a crappy draw as that will probably mean less rest between round three and four or four and the quarter finals, but I'll keep checking on the status and see.

Federer looked comfortable last night despite really floating a bit at times.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #71
Nyssa
Series Addict

According to a post made on MurraysWorld.com "Andy due to play in AA Stadium. 2nd on court with play not to start before 1 pm local time, 6 pm UK time."
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #72
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^I can't find him anywhere on the schedule of play for today on the USOPEN site. Only thing on tonight on the main courts is Nadal and then S. Williams.

Ooops, found him tomorrow, not before 1:00pm like you said.

98th player in the world is just about to lose the second set to Nadal. He had a chance at both sets.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #73
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^I can't find him anywhere on the schedule of play for today on the USOPEN site. Only thing on tonight on the main courts is Nadal and then S. Williams.

Ooops, found him tomorrow, not before 1:00pm like you said.

98th player in the world is just about to lose the second set to Nadal. He had a chance at both sets.
Yeah, I've been watching...got bored so I have it on mute. Not sure if I can stay awake long enough to see Serena.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #74
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^You were bored? That was quality entertainment. Nadal was lucky to escape without losing a couple of sets let alone the match. Tough to watch the guy melt down at the end, but I can empathize having played a lot of tennis as a kid.

Dang first round on the third day stuff. I'm already looking forward to some second round matchups, but there's still some stuff from the first round too:

Interesting matches today:
V. Williams versus S. Lisicki (22)
Isner (28) versus Baghdatis

And some interesting stuff for tomorrow:
Ferrer (5) versus Blake
Ljubicic versus Nalbandian
Tomic versus Cilic (this might be tiebreakers all the way)
Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #75
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Easy win for Murray.

I'm saddened that Venus dropped out due to illness.