Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Astak firmware needed - if legal

I'm getting ready to flash the lbook firmware - v5 - and need the Astak for backup in case I don't like v5, or if disaster strikes.

I apparently deleted all my earlier, older versions. They are no longer available from Astak. The various searches I've done turn up nothing.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm not sure I have what you need. I've got several of the the older pocketPro V5 firmware versions.

that's probably a different model though.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm getting ready to flash the lbook firmware - v5 - and need the Astak for backup in case I don't like v5, or if disaster strikes.

I apparently deleted all my earlier, older versions. They are no longer available from Astak. The various searches I've done turn up nothing.

Don
Which V5 version are you looking for?
I have 11Nov09 Astak, 16Jul2010 Astak
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm not sure I have what you need. I've got several of the the older pocketPro V5 firmware versions.

that's probably a different model though.

Sorry, but I wasn't clear in my post.

What I have is, indeed, the Astak Pocket Pro. (Strangley, the paint has never peeled! )

Don
Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Which V5 version are you looking for?
I have 11Nov09 Astak, 16Jul2010 Astak

Any stable, but later, version. (I have the Pocket Pro, which I neglected to mention in my first post.)

Do you recall the differences between the two versions you list?

Don
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Sorry, but I wasn't clear in my post.

What I have is, indeed, the Astak Pocket Pro. (Strangley, the paint has never peeled! )

Don
I no longer have the Pocket Pro - I got it in the initial release and do not have the ORIGINAL firmward, but have three version of the firmware that were released in 2009:

V5setup.090907.astak.rar
v5setup.12122009.rar
and
V5setup.astak.09102009

I believe the 12/12/2009 was the final version I had on it before I sold it.

I'd be glad to email or upload any or all of these for you.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Any stable, but later, version. (I have the Pocket Pro, which I neglected to mention in my first post.)

Don
If you look at the stickies there is a firmware version thread. Looked after quite well and lists the version of particars in the firmware and also features etc.

From memory the dec 2009 firmware was the last real stable version. After that they had a march release that was buggy and the april which apparently fixed things but still didn't work as well as the dec 09 version. I have Bern using lbook and haven't looked back.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Don
No idea. Sorry.
I have not found my Dec 09 copy (it is someplace safe ), but I remember the problems with a 2010 release.

I use Lbook, the only problem I have is it seems to lock up after switching between a dozen or so books. I use the Reset button and don't even have to reset the clock.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Dr D..

I still have all the versions for the V5 PEZ archived. If you want, I can send you whichever you want.

Check my sticky for the pros and cons.

AJ Starr
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I think, then, that the Dec. 2009 version is the one I would like to have.

Let me say "Thank you" to everyone who has responded. It's very kind to volunteer to send this to me, although it will probably take forever to upload it.

Again, "thank you" to all the members who have responded to this thread.

Don

NOTE: If the file can't be uploaded due to the size, I'll list a "bogus" emial to deter any spammers.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Dec 09....

I tried,

the 8.rar is 106,577 kb, and the V5bin is 130,048 kb, which, after I did my math, is larger than the 1 meg for bins and 20 megs for .rar that are allowed.

Any suggestions.....

I'm not sure my email will send that size.

got to go right now, will check back later.

AJ

Last edited by AJ Starr; 07-24-2011 at 10:45 AM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Another possibility is to get the latest firmware from BeBook:

http://mybebook.com/a28/BeBook%20Min...icle_info.html

I confess that I am still using the Dec 1 2009 firmware myself... I haven't checked the bebook forums for problems.

If I can find my Dec 2009 firmware I can post it on my website and PM the address - no promises though.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Another possibility is to get the latest firmware from BeBook:

http://mybebook.com/a28/BeBook%20Min...icle_info.html

I confess that I am still using the Dec 1 2009 firmware myself... I haven't checked the bebook forums for problems.

If I can find my Dec 2009 firmware I can post it on my website and PM the address - no promises though.

Thanks, Pholy.

Does anyone have any specfic information about the BeBook firmware working correctly on a Pocket Pro?

Don
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks, Pholy.

Does anyone have any specfic information about the BeBook firmware working correctly on a Pocket Pro?

Don
When I ran BeBook FW it ran fine.
IIRC The 'feature set' was different. No TTS

To those running into sending file size limits. WNRAR (and others) has an option to split files into chunks of 'X 'size.
Opening any 'part' at the receiving end auto-reassembles the whole (if all parts are available) original file
Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
If you are willing to give up TTS you can download the latest version directly from Jinke. They are all the same firmware but some have different features. I believe the lBook version does include TTS, last time I loaded one. The ADE and most other features of lBook are the same. They have modified the handling of the open book function and changed the association of files to use Cool Reader and they have a modified Cool Reader.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote