Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Menu Image Retension - normal? or bad screen?

hi. upgraded to the new Astak firmware. piece of cake.

i do notice, if I click on the menu button, when the menu comes up and i when i remove it, the faint (ghost) of the menu remains.

this happens on any screen... if I click the menu to come up, once it leaves, the faint image remains...

UNTIL I click a new page.

Every time.

This is my first real outing with the PP, so didn't notice if it did it the last time (i only got it a week or so ago and clicked a few menus after charging it, then put it away til there was a good firmware.)

NOTE: while exploring the User Manual PDF, the menu press does not leave a ghost behind. but when I go back to the starting menu, and hit the menu button, after it's gone, the ghost is there.

IS THIS NORMAL, IS IT A BAD SCREEN ?

Last edited by cancelx; 04-06-2010 at 03:37 PM.
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is normal, and occurred before this release.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Yep, completely normal. That is the reason you see a black flash when turning the page. It makes sure the old image is NOT retained. Of course, that can't easily be done for a popup menu, and the image does stick a bit - as you discovered.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #4
ashdragon
ashdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 5" Pocket Pro
Yep, confirming that mine has always done that as well. When describing the screen technology to non-technical people I often refer to it as like an electronic Etch-A-Sketch, where the whole page has to be cleared before anything new can be written.
ashdragon is offline   Reply With Quote