Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #136
slav
slav began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
the problem is that they are being converted, so they produce unknown tags like:

Code:
<ThatsMyXMLTag>  text inside my tag  </ThatsMyXMLTag>
produces in output temp html:

Code:
<ThatsMyXMLTag>   text inside my tag  </ThatsMyXMLTag>
and then web2lrf tries to convert that to lrf and nothing is displayed (at least that's what I think)

I saw in demo.html file that you put this into <code> tags, that's why I was trying this regex...

thanks!
slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #137
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unknown tags in an HTML file are ignored, i.e. html2lrf treats <unknown>some text</unknown> as some text. So I don't think that is the problem. Are the &lt; entities in the HTML or the RSS feed itself?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #138
slav

in RSS feed itself see this feed for example:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/netslave

Add or remove the www sub domain post contains lots of source code
all sections like:
Code:
<httpModules>
  <add type="WwwSubDomainModule" name="WwwSubDomainModule" />
</httpModules>
are not in output LRF file.

even the
Code:
/// <summary> 
/// Handles the BeginRequest event of the context control. 
/// </summary> 
/// <param name="sender">The source of the event.</param>
in output LRF appears as:
Code:
/// Handles the BeginRequest event of the context control.
note that it happens even if I dont have preprocess_regexps defined at all.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #139
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

preprocess_regexps only acts n the downloaded HTML files. not on the RSS file iteslf. If you want to change the handling on the <description> tag in the RSS file do two things

set

Code:
html_description = True
If you still dont like the handling, override the process_html method in your sub class.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #140
slav

I'm not concerned about description, my only problem is that some lines are missing from output LRF file, but as you say I'll try to override process_html and see how it goes.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #141
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The contents of the LRF file are taken from the <description> tag, so you should be concerned about it
Old 01-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #142
Dominik
Dominik began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Full Feed

Hi Kovid,

is it possible to use web2lrf with a full feed? For example, all Feedburner feeds have <content:encoded>-tags containing the whole article. Therefore, it is unnecessary to look for a print version of the article and preprocess the HTML.

How can I get web2lrf to use the <content:encoded> instead of the article's URL?

I tried to set the "html_description" property to true and reimplement the parse_feed function to use the <content:encoded>-tag instead of <description>. This worked, but it's complicated and it's impossible to look over the articles quickly because there is no table of contents with links to the full article.

Dominik
Dominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #143
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Support for content-embedded feeds is on my TODO list. It's now added in svn, will be in the next release.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-22-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 AM   #144
slav

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Support for content-embedded feeds is on my TODO list. It's now added in svn, will be in the next release.
Any ideas when you'll be ready with this new release - I'd love to put my hands on new web2lrf

btw. I've seen new version of DefaultProfile in svn - is there a way to force existing version of web2lrf to use it?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #145
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not easily. The new release should be out soon.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #146
slav

thanks, I'll probably wait then
Old 01-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #147
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released v0.4.34 with a GUI for adding custom profiles and support for content embedded profiles via the class FullContentProfile
Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #148
slav

Old 01-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #149
AJ@PR
AJ@PR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hello everyone...

New to the forums.

Just downloaded the software... gonna give it a go now.
Will update soon.
Thank you for this!

-- AJ
/

EDIT UPDATE:::
Ok, installed it.
1- Thanks! This thing is nifty!
2- Wow! I just found out the Reader has 200MB internal. =\
3- FINALLY I can edit the meta data of the files... w00t w00t!! !
4- I went to add a directory on another hdd (non C:\>), and it error'd me:
Quote:
directories
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 723, in do_config
AttributeError: directories
Let me know if I can help in any way!
(no programing skills)

Last edited by AJ@PR; 01-24-2008 at 04:54 PM.
AJ@PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #150
AJ@PR
AJ@PR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
^^^ Ok, no worries!

Everything works fine... well, "fine" being a relative term.
I love the anti-gravity sand.

Again, THANKS!
AJ@PR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf