Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Two trivial, whiny complaints about calibre that you should feel free to ignore.

Two trivial little gripes about 0.6.14 on Ubuntu Jaunty (probably applies elsewhere too).

When I started the gui for the first time after installing, I had to pick a library location. It suggested:

/home/me/Calibre Library/

As a linux user, spaces in folder/file names annoy me, so I changed it to home/me/Library (which I believe used to be the default?). That worked, but it still created a folder in my home folder called "Calibre Library" alongside one called "Library", although it left it blank, leaving me to manually delete it. There's two whole seconds of my life I'll never get back!

Also, it asked what device I use. Choosing Sony, the options it gave me were PRS-500 and Sony Pocket/Touch edition, or something like that. As a 505 user, it wasn't obvious which to pick (I guess the latter), though I doubt it would make a big difference given how I use calibre. Still it might be confusing to some.

Last edited by frabjous; 09-30-2009 at 11:33 AM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote