Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #16
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Here are a few of mine. The first is from a cemetery photo shoot, the second is a joke from a discussion I had elsewhere, and the third is just to mess with people. I'm working on some others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss02.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	66135   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlelove.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	66136   Click image for larger version

Name:	iKindle.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	66137  
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
The iPhone screen is a fantastic idea.
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #18
Kawika
Kawika is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Graphite
Here's what's on mine

By English childrens' book illustrator, Arthur Rackham.

Thanks to all for Jailbreaking and Screensaver Mod - what fun!

By the way, where did all the old screensavers from Amazon go to?

I was kinda fond of Charlotte and Harriet...

Aloha!
-K
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	alice.gif
Views:	588
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	66157   Click image for larger version

Name:	fairies.gif
Views:	503
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	66158   Click image for larger version

Name:	freya.gif
Views:	680
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	66159   Click image for larger version

Name:	pandora.gif
Views:	548
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	66160   Click image for larger version

Name:	valkyrie.gif
Views:	521
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	66161  
Kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #19
LilCube
LilCube began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
My screensavers. Ignore the post associated with it and it's salty language.
http://lilcube.com/blog/2009/06/28/r...-fun-damental/
LilCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 AM   #20
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
These are lovely. Thanks for sharing!

In my usual bass-ackwards way, I've started creating screensavers even though I haven't actually hacked my Kindle yet. Will be happy to share them here once I've given them a practical test drive
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #21
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Kawika:

The originals are in a backup folder in the hierarchy of where you placed your own pics.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Silas - can you post back with your results? Nice idea.
I tried a couple, but the look of the drawings didn't quite mesh with the borders. I'm waiting for the right composition of the two and I'm sure it'll look great!
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
aproudlove
Enthusiast
aproudlove doesn't litteraproudlove doesn't litteraproudlove doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Here are some I made;

Name:	KSS_map1.png
Views:	601
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	66221Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Map2.png
Views:	694
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	66222Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Pebbles.png
Views:	506
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	66224Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Snow.png
Views:	432
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	66225Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Medieval-Letters.png
Views:	471
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	66223
aproudlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
aproudlove
Enthusiast

And a couple more...

Name:	KSS_Tiger2.png
Views:	1065
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	66230Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Tiger3.png
Views:	447
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	66231Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Swirls2.png
Views:	421
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	66228Click image for larger version

Name:	kss_tigeranddragon.png
Views:	499
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	66232Click image for larger version

Name:	KSS_Tiger.png
Views:	479
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	66229
Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #25
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

aproudlove, those are fantastic!

Y'all are making me want to get off my duff and start converting some more of my photos into Kindle screensavers.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #26
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Aproudlove:

There are several great screensavers in the Duokan forum that may be to your liking.

Translated Duokan Forum

On the link, scroll towards the bottom and click on "To look at for Kindle2 \ Kindle3 software download"...through that link, you'll find the screensaver threads.

P.S. Nicely done on your own screensavers!

Last edited by silasgreenback; 02-06-2011 at 03:23 PM.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #27
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

A few more of mine...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dragonfly.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	66234   Click image for larger version

Name:	cem3.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	66235   Click image for larger version

Name:	gargoyle.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	66236   Click image for larger version

Name:	grasshop.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	66237   Click image for larger version

Name:	moon.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	66238  
Old 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #28
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Nice to see a screensaver thread.

Cool pictures so far, but some of the the pictures posted seems to be a tiny bit off a fuld 600x800 resolution causing white lines on the Kindle. Maybe I just downloaded them in a wrong way, I dunno, but it's very easy to fix in paint.

/back to reading
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #29
aproudlove
Enthusiast

Thanks for the comments guys, nice of you to say and thanks for the pointer to the duokan forum.
Most of the tiger stuff is just because I was born in the year of the tiger, which (to me anyway) is kind of cool, so I just went looking for some stuff in relation to that but there is some nice imagery in that forum too.
I really liked Kawika's illustrations too, especially Pandora's box, you've got me thinking that it might not be a bad idea to create some themed mythology stuff. Greek gods or something?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #30
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
http://kindlewallpapers.tumblr.com/page/1
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote