Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #46
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thank you so much (a pledge is coming) this worked fine. And using a symbol in front of the categories puts them on top. But I would like to create some categories that won't appear on the first page. I tried not using a symbol, but they still showed up in random order. Anyone else figure out how to manipulate categories (Amazon, we need alphabetization!)
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #47
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Sadly it seems that if you sort by collection they will always be sorted by most recent first. Hopefully Amazon will fix this, until then I am adding underscores to my categories and leaving the home screen sorted by title.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #48
fdtaparan
fdtaparan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Hi I cant seem to find the update file for 2.3.3. Am using a k2i that has the 2.3. Where do i load that? Thanks!
fdtaparan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #49
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Here's the link for 2.3.3

Kindle 2(Global) 2.3.3:
http://www.amazon.com/update_kindle2_gw.bin
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #50
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I dont sort by collections anymore, but use the ** for collections I want in the first couple of places, * for the collections I want on the first page, and # for collections I want on the last couple of pages; then sort by Title. The rest of the books 'appear' using this method, but you can ignore them as they start after the collections.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #51
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfigueroa View Post
I'd have to install three updates, since I have 2.3? I think I'm too lazy
why not get the all in one file from amazon? (24.3MB)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #52
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Thanks. Now I am getting greedy, please could somebody post a 2.5.3 firmware?
Mine stays with 2.5.2 and people around me are all up to 2.5.3.
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #53
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Amazon FINALLY posted the 2.52 bin on their site!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 AM   #54
mikee2185
mikee2185 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
when i put amazon full update to the kindle that i updated from this thread earlier, kindle automatically deletes it. Therefore i assume that the versions are exactly the same.
mikee2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #55
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Yes they are. 2.5.3 is only available by wireless atm. Luv's file is 2.5.2.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote