Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
stefboreel
stefboreel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603
PB603 not returning to last read page

In december 2010 I purchased a PB603 and it worked well. Later I updated the firmware to version D603.2.0.4.20110120_180924 and found out that when starting this device it does not return to the last read page (from where I did quit). My reseller advised me to downgrade to the previous version of the firmware but I did not make a backup of that (stupid ... stupid ). I also put these questions on the PB sites but they are not answering (bad ... bad ).
Does anyone know whether a new firmware version is coming soon, and when, or where I can download the previous (initial) version of the firmware and how to install that?

Stef
stefboreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Stef, is this a general behaviour with all books including these you started reading after the update or does this only apply to books you opened before the update?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
stefboreel

Billy, thank you for your reply. In the former firmware I read Agassi's book 'Open'. Then it worked correct, e.g. it opens the page where I left. I tested the same book under the latest firmware and it opens at page 1, as it does with all books now. Very irritating. There is a work-around with bookmarking when you shut down the PB603 but that does not work as smooth as it did before (it does not return exactly where you left). Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
One idea, one stopgap:

The stopgap: you can configurate your device to
“At startup, open: Last open book”

and turn off the device not in the main menu or library menu but in the book itself. When turning on the reader should open your book exactly where you've left it (at least that's the theory). But this will only help you with one book, not solve your problems with all books.

The idea: you can try configuration/maintenance/clean state
This should clean your book database, unfortunately this function is a little bit overzealous, you may lose all of your configuration.

Sorry, don't have any better idea. Maybe someone with a 603/903 can help you better.
PS: I love “Open”, it's one of my favourite books!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
stefboreel

Billi, thank you again for your trying to help me out. I did everything you suggested but unfortunately it did not work. I installed the last version again and when I took out the micro SD card the function 'return to the last read page did work again'. After that I tested the same again with the SD card inserted and ...... it did not work anymore. So I posted a ticket with Pocketbook for in MHO this is a bug. After all, the PB603 (and other) are made to accept and work with an SD card inserted. We will see what there answer is. Thanks again! Stef
Advert