Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
So your calibre library is in GDrive? Again, it will get wrecked like that.

You may wish to use calibre's save-to-disk feature to put books in GDrive, or use a one-way mirror filesync.

Or another cloud storage site like Copy.com or Box.com (both offer more free storage than DropBox), and export the books to the reading app as needed.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:45 AM   #17
HiSo HoBo
HiSo HoBo began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin App (iPad)
Thanks for the heads up eschwartz. I have since moved my Calibre library out of my Google Drive folder. I now just "save to disk" my pdf books to this folder and sync with my Good Reader app over wifi. I then use Calibre to hardwire/usb sync my epub books to my Marvin app. I am now patiently waiting for one of these apps to support both epub and pdf.
HiSo HoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert