Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
philipdavies
philipdavies began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Fetch News

I just bought a brand new Sony eReader 505 with the latest firmware and I am having problems with fetch news. Almost all News feeds just reset the machine. It goes into formating with the rotating arrow, half way through the arrow stops and it resets. Running it again after the reset makes no difference. It resets every time. I am using the latest down load and the default file format.
Philip
philipdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Use the Sony eBook Library software to transfer the news LRF files to your Sony Reader. Should do the trick.

Welcome.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
philipdavies
philipdavies began at the beginning.

Device: 505
It works

Hey you are quite right. I downloaded the daily telegraph, and saved it to disk then I opened sony ereader and dragged it across. When it opened it didn't have any of this waiting for the formating or the arrow going round. It went straight in and worked first time. Thanks.

So the question is what is wrong with Calibre? it is obviously not transfering the files over to the 505 properly.
Philip
philipdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Nothing wrong with Calibre. It creates lrf files that are too big/complicated for the reader to format. When you transfer through Sony software, it formats the files before transferring them to the reader.

I'd call it a reader limitation, not a Calibre one.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
papershark
papershark began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Use the Sony eBook Library software to transfer the news LRF files to your Sony Reader. Should do the trick.

Welcome.
Your the best! Many thanks for that and all on this forum, your making a good purchase into a great one.
papershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2008, 04:33 AM   #6
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Welcome papershark! Yes, this forum is indeed great and very helpful. I wouldn't know much about ebooks and ebook readers without it.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote