Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
me too
Connoisseur
me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
media-type

hello all
does any one know the media type of .ttf font file ,i had searched and found 2 such media types, but when i had validated it found as in-valid
thoose media types are
1. application/x-truetype-font
2. application/octet-stream

and i am working on mac,
any help would be regarded thank you
me too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #2
me too
Connoisseur
me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.

errors

my css file is

@charset "UTF-8";
@namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
@namespace epub "http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops";

@font-face{
font-family: 'QuicksandLight';
src: url('../fonts/FeENit2.ttf') format('truetype');
font-size:1.5em;
}
body {
font-family: 'QuicksandLight', Gothic, Helvetica, Arial;
background-color: rgb(240,240,240);
font-size: 1.5em;
line-height: 1.8em;

}

@font-face {
font-family:'QuicksandLight';
src: url('../fonts/FeENrm2.ttf');
font-style:italic;
font-size:20px;
}

h3
{
font-weight:normal;
}

}
.preamble::first-line
{
font-size:2em;
font-style:normal;
}
h2
{
}
.we-the-people
{
color:#900;
}
#signing
{
width:58%;
margin:0.5em auto 1em auto;
box-shadow:8px 8px 8px gray;
}

my package.opf is as follows

<manifest>
<item id="font1" href="fonts/FeENrm2.ttf" media-type="application/x-font-ttf"/>
<item id="font2" href="fonts/FeENit2.ttf" media-type="application/x-font-ttf"/>

but when validated i found 2 errors

ERROR: /Users/lrim3/Desktop/fazeela's projects/i did/epub3 font formatting-i did/epub2.epub/EPUB/css/style1.css: Font-face reference EPUB/fonts/FeENit2.ttfto non-standard font type application/x-font-ttf
ERROR: /Users/lrim3/Desktop/fazeela's projects/i did/epub3 font formatting-i did/epub2.epub/EPUB/css/style1.css: Font-face reference EPUB/fonts/FeENrm2.ttfto non-standard font type application/x-font-ttf

thank you
me too....
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
There are various examples here on the site about font embedding with the correct syntax.

Remember, the @font-face must be the first lines in a stylesheet. The @namespace and @charset are not used. You place that in the xml declaration of the xhtml files.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
me too
Connoisseur

thank you

i had searched with in the forum , i find the answer by replacing the media type as "application/vnd.ms-opentype"
Old 08-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Don't forget my other comments. In general a font is not embedded for the body, since font embedding does not always works and a full font can be quite large.
For certain languages there is no choice though.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Truetype: .ttf = media-type="application/x-font-ttf"

Opentype: .otf = media-type="application/vnd.ms-opentype"
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote