Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Returning books early using Sony Reader software (PRS-300)

I tried to return a few library books early using the Sony Reader software but was unable to do so, though I downloaded books with no problem. The book would stay in "processing" for more than 20 minutes until I finally canceled. Library tech support was not helpful because they only know how to work with ADE. I have selected the option to open titles with the Sony Reader software rather than ADE and have had no problems returning titles early in the past.

What troubleshooting steps would you suggest when this happens?
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
When that has happened to me it has either been because I have moved the file or there is an authorization problem. After a system restore (of the computer) recently I had to download my books again to be able to open them or return them.
Cab you open the book in Reader Library?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of the books I was trying to return, I had downloaded to my Ipod via the Overdrive app in addition to my sony reader. Could that cause the problem in trying to return books, I wonder?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
That sounds like a promising line of inquiry to me. I noticed that a book I read only on my Touch still showed as checked out even after I deleted it. I toyed with the idea of adding it to ADE just so I could return it, but time's almost up anyway.

Why not try deleting the book from your Touch and then seeing if you can return it?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I don't have a Touch and encountered this problem a while back; I've always used ADE since.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
hannahi
Addict

Thanks for the suggestions--I'll try opening future downloads with ADE first then transferring to the Sony Reader library. It's nice to have the option to return books early and annoying when it doesn't work.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
For what it's worth, I download books through the Overdrive app to my iPhone as well as to my ereader. Having the same book simultaneously on my phone and computer/ereader has never prohibited me from returning it early via the Sony Reader Library software (that I've noticed anyway). I will pay special attention next time.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
KathThomas
KathThomas began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Can't return books early

Hi there, I am also having problems returning books early. When I try to do it I get a message that it can't connect to the wifi or network. Yet, I had returned one prior to that and have since been able to connect and download from the library. I just can't return. Did you find any solutions? Thanks, Kathleen.
KathThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathThomas View Post
Hi there, I am also having problems returning books early. When I try to do it I get a message that it can't connect to the wifi or network. Yet, I had returned one prior to that and have since been able to connect and download from the library. I just can't return. Did you find any solutions? Thanks, Kathleen.
Welcome to MobileRead! Are you trying to return books early on your ereader (like a T1) or on your computer? "Can't connect to Wifi or network" sounds like maybe you were having a problem with your internet. Or maybe Overdrive was having a problem with their servers. The library websites have been slow this week. I think many people got ereaders for Christmas and are checking out library books. I would try again in a few hours or maybe again tomorrow and see if it lets you return the book early.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote