Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
Borders store app not working?

Hello, this morning I tried to purchase an ebook using the desktop app and whenever I tried to finish my order (after entering payment information), it told me unable to process...try again. After 3 unsuccessful attempts I went to their website and placed my order there (using the same credentials). When I then told my desktop app to update the library, the book was there.

Has anyone else had difficulty when trying to buy a book via the app?
Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Yep, exactly as you described, but I got my book so I wasn't terribly fussed.
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I use the Kobo app not the border one because thats the one that came with my Kobo. I've bought only few books but I've never that problem, except I did purchase one by accident trying to see what the price would be after I subtracted a coupon code, but it was minor, only 3 bucks. If this keeps happening you could probably just download the Kobo app instead of the borders one, I don't think it makes much of a difference other than the color. And you will still be able to pay in your country's currency.

Did you update it the app to 1.9 the newest update, or is it still 1.8? The new app is having a few problems right now, you can see what version you are using by clicking the "I" for info in the top right corner of you library. If its 1.9 you'll just have to make the best of it for a few days until they fix the app.

Hope this helped

Last edited by The Terminator; 03-16-2011 at 07:12 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
Mine's the Border's wifi version, so it's still at 1.7 (reader) and 1.8 for desktop. I did discover a work around to the issue. I was unable to enter my card via the dekstop (or store from the kobo), but if I entered it via the website, and then save it in my "quick profile" (for one click purchasing), I can then purchase via the desktop app or the reader. It seems the code that handle the credit cards is broken either in the app or on the server end that processes it.
Craig

Last edited by caheaton; 03-16-2011 at 10:31 PM.
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote