Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Edit rtf Author Information in Open Office?

I just replaced my dead PC with a new Vista machine and decided to go with Open Office as Bill Gates has enough money of mine already.

I cannot figure out how to change the author, etc information, although I know how in MS word. This gets deleted when I re-save to change the default font size, etc.

Thanks!
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I looked for that for a bit in OO myself, and didn't find it. You can add it in manually with NotePad if you like. The code is: "{\info{\title Book Title}{\author Author Name}}" and it goes on the line before the one that starts with the word "generator" (there's some bracket's & slashes too, but I always just looked for the word generator ).

I haven't done this for a while, though, as I've switched to using BookDesigner to format my books, and I just store them zipped up in RTF form.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
I just replaced my dead PC with a new Vista machine and decided to go with Open Office as Bill Gates has enough money of mine already.

I cannot figure out how to change the author, etc information, although I know how in MS word. This gets deleted when I re-save to change the default font size, etc.

Thanks!

Same as Word. File|Properties.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Quote:
Same as Word. File|Properties.
That works for Title, but where do you edit author??
Old 05-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
That works for Title, but where do you edit author??
You don't.

When you install OpenOffice, it ask you for your information (you can change that in Options - under User Data) about yourself. When you edit the document, it will put that information in the document.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
CCDMan

Quote:
When you edit the document, it will put that information in the document.
So basically it makes a stupid assumption. Well, what did I expect for free, anyway?! <g>
Old 05-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can always stuff the info in, or edit it, I suppose is more the thing, with notepad. That may be less hassle than changing the official author in OO every time you do a book.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
pdarcy
pdarcy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
See open office forum post below

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewto...perties+author

they provide this macro

Sub ChangeAuthor
Dim props,sAns
props = ThisComponent.getDocumentInfo
sAns = InputBox("Enter author name.","Change Author",)
If sAns = "" then End
props.Author = sAns
End Sub

it works in NeoOffice. It pops up a box for the author and just changes the current document not the user settings.

Paul
pdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
pdarcy
pdarcy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Edit rtf author

From the Open Office forum

Sub ChangeAuthor
Dim props,sAns
props = ThisComponent.getDocumentInfo
sAns = InputBox("Enter author name.","Change Author",)
If sAns = "" then End
props.Author = sAns
End Sub

Works in Open Office on Windows and NeoOffice on a Mac. Changes only the current document not the User Settings.
pdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #10
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Can I put the line " {\info{\title Book Title}{\author Author Name}} " anywhere? I opened an rtf file and looked for the "generator" line, but could not find it. How do I format an rtf file to show title and author?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #11
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Yes I can. I just put it in the second line and it worked. I really should try these things before asking questions.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

I think there are places that you can put it that will hose the way the file opens, but if where you put it works, then rock on.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:48 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Install libprs500
Code:
rtf-meta -t "my title" -a "my author"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote