Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
kajoob
kajoob doesn't litterkajoob doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Arrow Kindle screensaver sites?

I just did the screensaver hack and it's awesome. I've looked around for some kindle screens to throw in there, but there seems to be a few here and a few there, and that's it. Is there a kindle screensaver site or thread that I'm missing somewhere?
kajoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think for the most part people are using their own personal images (I am). There are a few "Don't Panic" images floating around as well as a few others. So far no one has pulled them all together in one place here on MR. I do recall that Kindleboards.com is supposed to have a dedicated thread for them but I haven't checked it our personally.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Here's the thread on KindleBoards, loads of screensavers here

Code:
http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/board,10.0.html
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Try here:

http://s204.photobucket.com/home/911jason/tag/Kindle
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Bill Lumburgh
Enthusiast
Bill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: K3
Here are some pretty nice Halloween screensavers I came across the other day: http://booksprung.com/halloween-scre...or-your-kindle.

I mostly use my own images as well though. If you have even basic Photoshop skills, it's pretty straightforward: resize, downsample if you feel like it, convert to greyscale, adjust brightness/etc, upload, restart Kindle. And that's it, really, in a nutshell.
Bill Lumburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Korri
Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
I created a website, free, ad free and watermark free to share kindle screensavers, it might be a little buguy at the moment has I just released it, but fell free to give it a try : http://www.kindle-screensavers.com/
Korri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
@ Korri: it has many nice pics, but I can't download?

EDIT: okay now

Last edited by maianhvk; 05-22-2011 at 12:28 PM.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kindle Wallpapers at Tumblr

...they post all sorts and accept user submissions. The first site I knew of and my favorite. Some of the posts aren't quite my speed, but should appeal to younger users.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Korri
Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
@maianhvk apreciate you had a look, the screens on the website are just some example I took from the web in order to have something in database, now I'm looking for motivated peoples to add more and more screensavers.

PS: BTW you can send non-grayscale images, they will be resized and converted, you'll see a preview before confirmation
Korri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korri View Post
I created a website, free, ad free and watermark free to share kindle screensavers, it might be a little buguy at the moment has I just released it, but fell free to give it a try : http://www.kindle-screensavers.com/
Most of them seem to be a black and white picture of an actress, but I like the Portal one! Thanks.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
Kindle Wallpapers at Tumblr

...they post all sorts and accept user submissions. The first site I knew of and my favorite. Some of the posts aren't quite my speed, but should appeal to younger users.
I love some of those wallpapers.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
thayerwilliams
thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Just an FYI that I've posted a number of classic fantasy and nautical screens to my website for anyone interested in the works of Frank Frazetta, Ken Kelly, Howard Pyle and others:

http://cinderwick.ca/blog/2011/06/ki...tasy-nautical/

Some of my favourites:

Cheers

Last edited by thayerwilliams; 06-13-2011 at 03:23 PM.
thayerwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
from my another post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
...And here there is a list of links where you can find screensavers.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #14
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
I just go to http://www.nook-look.com/ and steal theirs for my Kindle : )

Although I will never understand why people throw their personal pics up there. It's not like I want your niece Janet's birthday party pics on MY device... your family isn't that great. No greater than anyone else's.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have a k3 with special offers, can I put screen savers on my kindle?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote