Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #61
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
The plugin does not seem to start when I get into my Library. I touch Home screen button, then Library menu option indrop down, then Home physical button out of Library, then Home screen button again and the menu is unchanged.
I'm seeing this too in a fresh install of the plugin. (plugin & firmware on latest v.)
The plugin does initialize in some way, since the .ini file is created, but none of the tweaks seem to appear.

You all have make really impressive progress so far.
Thanks to all the contributors!
novou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #62
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by novou View Post
I'm seeing this too in a fresh install of the plugin. (plugin & firmware on latest v.)
The plugin does initialize in some way, since the .ini file is created, but none of the tweaks seem to appear.

You all have make really impressive progress so far.
Thanks to all the contributors!
Could you PM me your version file. (USB --> .kobo/version)
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #63
novou
Pointed Pontification.
novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!novou rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch (Black)
I figured it out, having a µSD card in the Kobo during startup breaks the loading.

Once nickel loads, you can put the µSD card back in (even before loading the Library/plugin) and everything works fine. This occurred when I had some epubs & pdfs on the card and also appeared when I didn't have any indexed files on the card, just some ignored fonts & Calibre files. (I don't think content is the issue.)

I could send you the version info, but I'm not sure it really matters. If it's any help, I saw this issue with all old versions I tested (back to post #11) Also, even with the card breaking full loading, the plugin would create the .ini file. So something after that might be a good starting point. (Disclosure: I don't actually know anything.)
novou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #64
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
Could you PM me your version file. (USB --> .kobo/version)
Done, thanks.
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #65
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by novou View Post
I figured it out, having a µSD card in the Kobo during startup breaks the loading.

Once nickel loads, you can put the µSD card back in (even before loading the Library/plugin) and everything works fine. This occurred when I had some epubs & pdfs on the card and also appeared when I didn't have any indexed files on the card, just some ignored fonts & Calibre files. (I don't think content is the issue.)
I have a µSD card in my KT so I gave it a try without it. But it seems now the plugin forces a reboot on my device, i.e if I go to the Library, wait a while then press the Home button to get out, after a few seconds the led lights up blue and the device goes through a full power on.
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #66
mark i
mark i began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Just downloaded and installed this for the tweaks and they work quite well, thanks for all the hard work and looking forward to seeing more of what you guys can do.
mark i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #67
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

New Icons are ready to be implemented

Unchanged: shortlist, dictionary, tweak

Improved: browser, search

New: sketchbook (for eventual sketchbook-menu-entry)
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #68
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
New Icons are ready to be implemented
Unchanged: shortlist, di
tweak
Improved: browser, search
New: sketchbook (for eventual sketchbook-menu-entry)
Thanks I'll update the plugin later

Last edited by ikarus9999; 01-28-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #69
voom
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

In case you already downloaded the archive from my dropbox, I just added another new icon to the same archive: power

Just in case this idea from another thread could / would be implemented:

Quote:
Originally Posted by p55

How about an option from the Main Menu to "Shutdown".

Seeing as the device is linux, I assume when you hold the power button for 3 seconds, it runs some scripts (save bookmark, clear file cache, etc), so why cant we have a menu option to do this? Of course have a "Are you sure" after choosing shutdown. Or even an option in Settings in whether or not the Shutdown option will even show up.

Im only saying this because the power button sucks.
I have no problem with the power-button, but if this is easy to do, a few people might like this option...
Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #70
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any way to get stats from the battery?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #71
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
See this post on getting battery info.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #72
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

Whats New:

- New Icons for Search/Browser (Thx to voom)
- New Option to add 'Power Off' Menu entry (showPowerOff=1)
- updated french translation (Thx to quek1982)
- Bugfix for Wireless Timeout disable (ah-)
- Sync now button added in tweak dialog (ah-)
- Firmware Version check can now be disabled (compatFirmware=0.0.0)
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (50.6 KB, 426 views)
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #73
voom

Thanks!

Here's my current setup, so whoever has not tried it yet can get a visual impression of a setup possible right now...

(I also added a shot of the current tweaks-page as some text and lines got lost in this version (at least on my device))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tweakplugin-120129-1837.gif
Views:	923
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	81874  

Last edited by voom; 01-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #74
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Just as a short disclaimer, the sync and disable wireless timeout stuff might not work yet. I'm currently studying for exams so I can't spend a lot of time working on it. Also the settings page really needs an update, but for that it might be a good idea to actually use the custom touch/reversible widgets which also require some more work.

Disable wireless timeout should stop the Kobo from automatically disconnecting after a few minutes. With the current implementation that seems to work if you toggle the setting after connecting to Wifi, but not after a reconnect or reboot. It might be possible to just disconnect the Qt signal from WirelessWatchdog to it's timer instead of calling setEnabled(false). But I haven't yet actually tried that.

And about the sync: It's intended to search for new ebooks which you've copied over via scp/ftp but currently just starts the sync with the kobo store.

Quote:
Any way to get stats from the battery?
What stats are you interested in? Just a percentage? That shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by ah-; 01-29-2012 at 03:03 PM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #75
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
What stats are you interested in? Just a percentage? That shouldn't be a problem.
I was just thinking of an easy means of viewing the charge on the battery for instance.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote