Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
First post here. Can I change the size of the default font set?

I know I can change to different font sizes. But out of the default 7(8?) font sizes, only two(no.3&4) can give pretty good reading experience for a 6 inch display.
But, I am still not very content with the font display. Is it possible to change 3rd font size a little bigger? Or how can I manually set those font sizes to suit my needs?
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can use Calibre to change the default font size in a book. But if you're asking whether you can change how much the font size changes with each "size" on the Kindle, then no, you can't. Each step up is a fixed percentage change.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can use Calibre to change the default font size in a book. But if you're asking whether you can change how much the font size changes with each "size" on the Kindle, then no, you can't. Each step up is a fixed percentage change.
OK. I just read an article which tells the way to enlarge the fonts by copying them to Windows. Pretty complicated procedures.

I use Calibre to store my books and convert epub to mobi.
So after changing the default font size using Calibre, it will be reflected on kindle? I mean, it'll show a different font size? Sorry, I got my KT just a few days ago. Thank you.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, if you change the base font size by doing a Mobi to Mobi conversion in Calibre, that change will be reflected on the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote