Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thumbs up Toronto Public Library---200 new books today

They added like 200 new books today! I checked it yesterday and they were at about 800 epubs and now they are over 1000. And...none of them are vampire books either. Actually a lot of mystery---Rex Stout, Agatha Christie, a bunch of cozies, tons of other series stuff. It's Christmas for Toronto mystery fans!

My one pet peeve is series order. They'll do something like buy five books in a series, but the books will be #14, #39, #11 and #24. I wish they would either get the whole thing, or at least make sure that #1 is among the acquisitions! There was a ton of stuff I passed on adding to my wish list because they were missing the first book.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
In BC, we got about 160 new ePubs yesterday. But it looked like they raided the list of those UK Kindle store glitch freebies; lots of financial and real estate and inspirational business/leadership self-help books for Dummies. And also a lot of diet/cookbooks.

But I'm not complaining. It was a change from the last batch, which was mainly politics and romance and general litfic, heavy on the PDFs. Nice to have a wide variety.

We're now up to 2275 ePubs and 7481 e-books total. Plus all the audiobooks, which got added to as well.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Wow! Do I need a better reason to move to Canada?

Last edited by Poppa1956; 09-02-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: I only wish I spoke more Canadian, so I could understand these people.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am a little jealous about the BC collection. I am actually tempted to have my aunt (who lives there) get me a card The Toronto people seem obsessed with the vampire books and this is the first upload which didn't feature some
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
lex2020
lex2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Not sure about the Toronto library, but my local library takes requests :-) The rule here is that each patron can recommend 10 title per year for purchase, regardless of the format. So I've used my 10 and my husband's 10 (he's not a big reader) to fill out some of the missing books in a few of my series.
lex2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Way more than 200 books. Last time I checked (yesterday?) the mystery section had 212 books; now they have 604. And, you're right ... finally Agatha Christie as an epub ebook. What the heck were they waiting for?

UPDATE: Holy cow! and multiple copies no less!

Somebody died but we went to heaven! yippee!

Last edited by SensualPoet; 09-02-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: update
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote