Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Hoggle
Hoggle began at the beginning.

Device: none
ebooks from public library on sony 300 (what format)

I am on the fence with picking up a Sony 300, but I'm curious how the free Library checkout program works. My local library does support the online lending feature. I looked on my local Library site, and I am a little confused.

I have looked up a few books at my library site, and some list as an ePub version, and some are listed as an Adobe PDF eBook. Can I download both of these on a Sony Reader, or is it ePub version only?...I'm really quite confused about all of this, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Hoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Yes. The PRS-300 can read both Adobe PDF and Adobe ePub lending library ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Hoggle
Hoggle began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Thanks, that's good to know. Is it difficult to put these books on the reader? Sorry for the stupid question, as I am really thinking about picking one of these up. I suppose I would download a type of book like this to the computer, and then transfer it to the ebook?...or would it download directly to the eReader itself?..I like this Sony Reading due to the fact that you can 'borrow' books like this from a local library.

Thanks for the info again, as I like to try to know as much info about a new device I'm thinking about spending money on...
Hoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You basically download it to your computer and drag it to the Reader, once the Reader is authorized (using Adobe Digital Editions or I think the newer Sony software will work for doing this too).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Isn't there some current problems with having *both* DRM'd Adobe PDF and ePub eBooks on the reader at the same time?
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
Isn't there some current problems with having *both* DRM'd Adobe PDF and ePub eBooks on the reader at the same time?
There is with the 505, not sure if affects the 300 & 600 or not.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Peter Sorotokin
speaking for myself
Peter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it is

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
There is with the 505, not sure if affects the 300 & 600 or not.
It most likely does (but it should not affect Daily)
Peter Sorotokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Having and Adobe DRM pdf and epup on the device at the same time is still a problem for the 600. I just have to borrow one type of book at a time.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote