Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Received Unfamiliar File Format

Received an unusual file. I am hoping somone can tell me how to get it into Calibre.

The format is a follows:

booktitle.txt.lut

It looks like a compressed format. I tried to read it as a txt file but no luck.

TIA

Uncle Eric
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
A bit of quick googling seems to refer to lookup tables and bitmaps, some of them script-based, which don't seem likely to be the format a text file (or any ebook file) would be in. Depending on where the file came from, is it possible that someone sent you something other than the actual file? (similar to the chronic Windows problem of people emailing links rather than the files they link to) Also, of course, there's a certain degree of paranoia generated by the double extension ... files with names like sexy.jpg.exe are common trojan vectors. But in any event, I'm kind of baffled here. In your place, I'd work backwards with where the file came from, and see if you can find out what it is that way.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
It's a file that's being downloaded by uTorrent, but the download either hasn't finished, or there was an error.

It isn't usable as it is. When the download completes the .lut bit goes away.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Thanks for all your help.

Sounds like I should just delete the files.

Thanks again for the help.

Uncle Eric
estral is offline   Reply With Quote