Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #196
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Hey, is this interesting news?
http://translate.google.com/translat...94961-1-1.html
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #197
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Interesting ..
This firmware is compatible with the Firefly marketed by ereader-store?
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #198
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

I tried it with my Firefly, after customizing, and is fully compatible, working perfectly.

A greeting.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #199
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Can't get it to download. Can anyone post a copy here? And some screenshots if possible?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #200
fraylocus
Groupie

It is updated to the latest version of PDFReader. Therefore be to apply the latest patch.
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #201
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Can't get it to download. Can anyone post a copy here? And some screenshots if possible?
http://www.baidupcs.com/file/0e1e1c4...ontrol=private

Try from this address. Somewhat slow, but my I have downloaded without problems.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #202
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whoa, hold your horses. I have posted the link out of curiosity, just to hear the opinion of other users. Don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong, I'm waiting for Booxtor firmware. I
Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #203
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Whoa, hold your horses. I have posted the link out of curiosity, just to hear the opinion of other users. Don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong, I'm waiting for Booxtor firmware. I
I have long been waiting for a firmware Booxtor published.
I upgraded from necessity, because messing with OTFM, had partial firmware corruption and had to use the rescue.
Although the unit recovered, the rescue firmware was not 100% functional.
With this update to take the reader back with all its full functions.
To finish update it, I updated the patch PdfReader 12-12-12 and all OK.
Something I have noticed, is better management of frontligth when using lower values​​.
It looks like they lost less contrast now and fonts are displayed less "washed"

A greeting.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #204
yayo
Groupie

That is great news, I'm glad the update has worked so well. Waiting for Booxtor's thumbs up myself, but damn, I'm tempted now
Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #205
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Yayo, I'll make a monument to you and every day i'll put the flowers on it, now you're my best friend, I love you and adore you.

With the link of the firmware that you have posted, I solved all my problems. Installing and using a new option in the settings (second page - Restore Settings) has solved everything.
My reader, again, saves the settings and have the fw 1.8.

Last edited by nausica; 01-23-2013 at 06:44 AM.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #206
yayo
Groupie

Wow, Yayo saves the day and a gets a gentle maids gratitude. Think I'll go buy a cape now Or change my name into Geralt Of Rivia or something.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #207
fraylocus
Groupie

Confirmed: The Firefly clone, marketed by a Spanish bookstore, is fully compatible with the official firmware Onyx: http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...readerTagusLux

A photograph of this reader with the official firmware:

The same company, sell a clone of the M92 shortly: http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...aderTagusMagno
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #208
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Confirmed: The Firefly clone, marketed by a Spanish bookstore, is fully compatible with the official firmware Onyx: http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...readerTagusLux

The same company, sell a clone of the M92 shortly: http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...aderTagusMagno

I guess they don't be very happy to get to know it, since they are selling it to almost our wholesale price just in the hope to earn something with the ebooks, sold in their online store. This was the reason, why they implemented a shopping app in their software, which is binded to their store.
This leak will be most likely closed very soon with their next update.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #209
fraylocus
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I guess they don't be very happy to get to know it, since they are selling it to almost our wholesale price just in the hope to earn something with the ebooks, sold in their online store. This was the reason, why they implemented a shopping app in their software, which is binded to their store.
I liked that model only 256 MB of ram.

On the negative side, only has 1 GB of internal memory sparse, lacking physical buttons page turning and charger and holster must be purchased separately.

The firmware is pretty outdated, based on the 1.7 and very limited. It allows, for example, reading engine lesson and frontligth very poorly managed.
So I bought the Firefly.

A bad example of what a good advantage is hard, with a rather poor and poor firmware.

And a challenge for you, for us to continue to provide good support.
That was the main reason why I have the M92 and the Firefly.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #210
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I suppose the main reason of a bookshop to sell ereader is in order to sell more ebooks
And the same is true not only for CdL Tagus (Casa del Libro ) but also for Amazon, B&N, Kobo, Fnac, ...
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote