Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Live Blogs - Apple Press Event 12 Sep 12

Apple is having a major press event to announce their new iPhone. It's being held in San Francisco, CA on Wed 12 Sep 12.
  • Time: 10:00 AM PDT (UTC -7)
Note: there will be NO live video feeds of the actual event. Some of the tech blogs will offer live video feeds of their commentators doing a blow-by-blow account, like CNET and TWiT.

The following websites are providing coverage via live blogging. I'll add links and/or expand the list as more details are brought to my attention. If you know of any, post them and I'll add them to the list.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-12-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Time for another vigil, at least in these nooks (sorry, couldn't stop myself).
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Looking forward to it. It's between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy SIII for me right now in my hunt for a new superphone.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I have to say, I really enjoyed listening to the CNET commentators as I read TheVerge's live blog of the Amazon event. I'll do the same thing for tomorrow's Apple event.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
Feedmonk
Feedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7
Tubemonkey we have most of the blogs you have listed plus a few more with direct url's on our site at http://feedmonk.com/events/apple-iphone-5-press-event feel free to share this link as well.

Best,

Feedmonk
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Apple Store is already down as they prep it for new devices.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are we thinking new iPods as well as a new iPhone?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yeah, because Apple has always announced new iPod nanos and touches in September.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Yes, we are. One of the rumors is a complete redesign of the iPod Nano. And will the iPod Touch have the same form factor as the iPhone 5? We will know soon enough!

eP
Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Looking forward to it. It's between the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy SIII for me right now in my hunt for a new superphone.
Go for the SIII - I'm loving mine!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Besides new devices, Apple is also expected to release iOS 6 and iTunes 11 today.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Probably. But, they'll likely take a back seat to the other heavy-hitters.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Go for the SIII - I'm loving mine!
It's certainly a nice piece of kit, but I've got a Galaxy S now and updates from Samsung have been lackluster and slow so I hesitate a bit. Slow can possibly be blamed some on the carrier and their approval process, but each update has introduced problems not there before which is all on Samsung.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedmonk View Post
Tubemonkey we have most of the blogs you have listed plus a few more with direct url's on our site at http://feedmonk.com/events/apple-iphone-5-press-event feel free to share this link as well.

Best,

Feedmonk
Thanks a lot; and added
Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
It's certainly a nice piece of kit, but I've got a Galaxy S now and updates from Samsung have been lackluster and slow so I hesitate a bit. Slow can possibly be blamed some on the carrier and their approval process, but each update has introduced problems not there before which is all on Samsung.
I've got a Galaxy S too, but I have to say that my wife's Galaxy S2 is much slicker out the box. If the S3 is the same amount better again, then wow.

Graham
Closed Thread