Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Live Blogs - Amazon Press Event 06 Sep 12

Amazon is having a major press event to announce their new Kindles. It's being held in Santa Monica, CA on Thur 06 Sep 2012.
  • Time: 10:30 AM PDT (UTC -7)
The following websites are providing coverage via live blogging. I'll expand the list as more are brought to my attention. If you know of any, post them and I'll add them to the list.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon is having a major press event to announce their new Kindles.
I think the Kindle stuff is misdirection. No new Kindle.

Gonna announce new line of Amazon branded toaster ovens. Maybe panini makers too!
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
I think the Kindle stuff is misdirection. No new Kindle.

Gonna announce new line of Amazon branded toaster ovens. Maybe panini makers too!
Cool. I need a new toaster oven. After you mentioned it I now have a craving for a good smash sandwich. Maybe I'll buy one of those too.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Front lit, paperwhite panini.

Sounds delicious.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
A bannana for you! I came to Mobileread looking for this information -- Thanks!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Feedmonk
Feedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7
Check out www.feedmonk.com for a listing of live blogs covering all events. The Amazon Press Event live blogs are listed here. http://feedmonk.com/events/amazon-press-event

Will we see an Amazon Phone?

Please feel free to share!

Best,

Feedmonk
Feedmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
The Verge is going to have live coverage.

Also, you'll want to see this thread as The Verge has some rather interesting storyline.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #8
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Is it possible to mark those with live video feeds?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Is it possible to mark those with live video feeds?
Is Amazon allowing live video feeds?
Old 09-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedmonk View Post
Check out www.feedmonk.com for a listing of live blogs covering all events. The Amazon Press Event live blogs are listed here. http://feedmonk.com/events/amazon-press-event
Thanks for the link. I really appreciate it. I added feeds from your listing to my list. I've also bookmarked your website for future use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
The Verge is going to have live coverage.
Thanks. I added it to the list, but they still don't have a link posted.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #11
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is a press conference so I assume they would. But you're right sitting in the woods of southern Sweden, I have no way of knowing. Maybe I'm just inherently optimistic.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
It is a press conference so I assume they would. But you're right sitting in the woods of southern Sweden, I have no way of knowing. Maybe I'm just inherently optimistic.
While many press conferences allow video, some of them won't allow live feeds. You can't post the video until the conference is over. I haven't seen any indication that there'll be live video feeds.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Didn't know that. Is it because they want them to edit out the "hmmm" and "ehhh"s that inevitably occurs?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #14
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thanks for posting the information, tubemonkey!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #15
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Surely someone will have a cellphone rigged so that the camera is peeping through a button hole.

Surely.

(Unless they have a blanker to kill the signal, and then we can see the buffer after it is over.)
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote