Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Managing content on the Sony Reader

With a reader in hand and the Connect software loaded, I'm a bit underwhelmed with the library/collection scheme. Has anyone found a good way to organize their e-books with it?

I'm tempted to leave the library for just Sony Connect store bought books, and use file folders and the sd card for other non-DRM'd books. Even without the folder structure showing up on the Reader list of books, it might be sufficient. But not perfect... they are all in one flat list and sometimes the book names aren't exactly clear.

In addition, the cache file doesn't necessarily go with the ebook files. I wonder also if I have two different books with the same filename and format, would it confuse the cache info, or can it tell apart different e-books by the size or content?

Any thoughts?...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Here's a klunky workaround I'm using:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7870

Hope they fix this in next firmware rev. Ideally I'd like to see the reader automatically put FAT folders into a "Collection" on the book. And also support for nested collections

I did think about a bunch of cheap 32 MB cards in a Altoids gum box, but then you've got that to keep track of.

Last edited by BobVA; 10-05-2006 at 07:16 AM.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote