Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #1096
jesterod
Enthusiast
jesterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza,kindle pw b01b
i couldent get the shh to work so i put the uninstall bin on the kindle did the update and now my kindle PW wont turn on how do i fix it? god i hope i can fix it ive only had it a week....
jesterod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #1097
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jesterod: Could you try that again with grammar and punctuation, because besides wordsoup, I didn't get much out of that, sorry :/.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #1098
jesterod
Enthusiast

i could not get the shh to work, so i put the uninstall bin on the kindle, did the update and now my kindle Paperwhite wont turn on. how do i fix it? god i hope i can fix it ive only had it a week.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #1099
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jesterod: Gonna need a third take here. Copy/paste != grammar.

Can't help if I can't understand you.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #1100
jesterod
Enthusiast

i do not know any other way to phrase my problem. i tryed to uninstall the usbnet with Update_usbnet_0.16.N_uninstall.bin and now my kindle will not turn on.

Last edited by jesterod; 08-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #1101
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Right, now I at least have something to go on.

Gonna need waaaaay, waaay more details on what exactly you did before, and exactly how your device behaves now, because there's really not much that could go wrong with an uninstall package...
Old 08-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #1102
jesterod
Enthusiast

i put the file on the kindle, removed the usb cord, went settings>menu>update. and now the kindle has a black screen and when i hit the power button it turns gren for like 1 second and then turns back off. the screen does nothing
Old 08-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #1103
NiLuJe
BLAM!

To clarify: when I said 'before', I meant, well, 'before', not 'right before'.

A recap of what you did since the JailBreak, basically.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #1104
jesterod
Enthusiast

i installed the MKK, KUAL and usbnet thats all

but on the plus side i did just get it reboot, i pluged in the usb and held the power button for like 1 minute
Old 08-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #1105
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Huh. Did it actually launch into the "Update In Progress" screen after clicking update, or did it get stuck on *that* black screen?
Old 08-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #1106
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Also include the model number (first four characters of the serial number) and the firmware version.
You can't see those with a "black screen" - but should have noted what they are before you started installing/changing things.

Also give us a few details about "ssh did not work" -
Like what all you may have done trying to make it work.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #1107
Kindol
Kindol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi), kindle PW2 (wifi) and Kindle PW3 -Black (wifi)
just a quick question...

I jailbroke my kindle PW2 and then I did everything I shouldn't do i.e I upgrade to 5.4.5 then factory reset and registration switch.

I have seen that one can downgrade... is it possible for me to downgrade too and jailbreak it again? as far as I can understand from the first page one can downgrade if the kindle is shipped with 5.4.5.

thanks
Kindol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #1108
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes. Try the method referred there to downgrade to a firmware on which you can apply the jailbreak.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #1109
Kindol
Kindol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi), kindle PW2 (wifi) and Kindle PW3 -Black (wifi)
cheers, thanks...

am gonna give it a go

update:

all done! I Downgraded (using unmounting file system method - on mac), re-jailbreak and apply screen server hack.

thank you!

Last edited by Kindol; 08-04-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Kindol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #1110
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindol View Post
cheers, thanks...

am gonna give it a go

update:

all done! I Downgraded (using unmounting file system method - on mac), re-jailbreak and apply screen server hack.

thank you!
Did you re-upgrade to 5.4.5 **after** you performed the Jailbreak?

Why:
You need 5.4.5 to make kindlets work.
Kindlets such as KUAL, which you will probably want to use to manage your screen savers and the "backdoor lock" to control new OTA updates.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch