Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
aidren
Edge User

Dolphin browser

I have been trying out Opera Mini and Dolphin for a little while now and tend to be favouring Dolphin. However, when I set it to be the default browser I had this happen. I was browsing in Dolphin and wanted to send a page to the ereader so I launched the supplied Android browser to do so, but when I entered the url to bring up the web page, it kept switching back to Dolphin. Then, I force quit Dolphin, went to the site and sent the page to the ereader, and it launched pdf to go, and was loading extremely slowly, and then began opening in the ereader, as well, also painfully slow. Went back to the browser and found Dolphin running again. It seemed to be trying to take over. Has anyone else encountered anything like this with Dolphin?
While I still prefer it, I have turned it off as default.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
OncTech
Edge User

I solved this problem in the following way:
Open Dolphin, go to Settings and uncheck "Set as default browser." Open regular Browser, click a random link and when prompted what browser you wish to use, check "use as default" and select the regular Browser. Dolphin will now only open if you choose it from the menu.

Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Thanks OncTech, that's what I have been doing since that hiccup.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
walt526
Edge User

The other thing to be aware about using Dolphin is that you can only access the eDGe stores using the stock browser. So if you want to buy an ebook or something, you have the make sure that Dolphin isn't set as your default brower. Otherwise, when you hit the store icon it just launches the regular enTourage website.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Ideally, if you start in Dolphin, all links should open automatically in Dolphin
...and that was what was happening. The problems began when I launched the 'stock' browser and had both running at the same time. Dolphin insisted on taking over, it seemed even after I had force quit it. It was very peculiar, and also seemed to be interfering with the 'send page to eink' feature.

Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt526 View Post
The other thing to be aware about using Dolphin is that you can only access the eDGe stores using the stock browser. So if you want to buy an ebook or something, you have the make sure that Dolphin isn't set as your default brower. Otherwise, when you hit the store icon it just launches the regular enTourage website.
Thanks Walt. I was aware of this thanks to a previous post by either you or Boris.