Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #316
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Occasionally, the proceed widget will still have the "Yes (without discovered)" button cut off.

I think it happens when the popup pops up twice in a row, and the first time was unchanged, click OK. It seems to be remembering the previous size...
Toggling Show/Hide Details fixes it.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #317
jhowell
Groupie
jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.

Device: iPad 2, Kinde PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Occasionally, the proceed widget will still have the "Yes (without discovered)" button cut off.

I think it happens when the popup pops up twice in a row, and the first time was unchanged, click OK. It seems to be remembering the previous size...
Toggling Show/Hide Details fixes it.
Kovid made some changes last night that may fix this. Let me know if you still see the problem using the latest source.

Thanks.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #318
jhowell
Groupie
jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.jhowell knows the way to San Jose.

Version 1.22.0 - 27 Oct 2014

Add support for e-book lending service Oyster. (Results may be incomplete for some authors due to limitations in the maximum number of results returned by Oyster web search.)

Separate the contents of the search completion summary with blank lines for better visibility in calibre 2.7 and later. (The narrow dialog box often causes individual lines of results to be wrapped.)

Support recent changes at Amazon that were causing searches to fail.

Show the plugin icon in the search completion dialog box.

Eliminate warning messages for incorrect website behaviors that are known to occur frequently.

Prevent an author name from appearing multiple times for the same book.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #319
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Kovid made some changes last night that may fix this. Let me know if you still see the problem using the latest source.

Thanks.
Yes, I saw this. Working beautifully, AFAICT.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #320
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

I am now getting a lot of warnings when searching Amazon.

Quote:
--------------- WARNINGS WHILE SEARCHING ---------------

Search AMZN for all by michael stackpole: Non-kindle edition in results: A Gathering Evil (The Dark Conspiracy Trilogy Book 1) by Michael A. Stackpole [B0029XG190@ak, @ak/prime, Kindle Book, English]
(Plugin just updated.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-27-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #321
jhowell
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I am now getting a lot of warnings when searching Amazon. (Plugin just updated.)
Thanks for the heads up. Amazon has made changes to their search results pages over time to emphasize different things: Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, price savings over print books, etc. And they sometimes try out little tweaks to the page formatting. It is easy for their changes to break the plugin.

I am testing now and will release an updated plugin later today.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #322
jhowell
Groupie

Version 1.22.1 - 28 Oct 2014

Support additional changes at Amazon that were causing some searches to fail.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #323
buttersk
buttersk began at the beginning.

Device: None
Managing Discovered Books

Suggested update:

Scenario : Opening Overdrive and selecting "Manage Discovered Books".

Current Behavior : Overdrive navigates correctly to the selected book within my library correctly... but prompts me to login for availability.

Desired Behavior: Have the plugin check to see if I'm logged in to my library account and then proceed with login procedure if I'm not already logged in.

Note: If I have a browser open, and I'm already logged in... then everything works as expected. But If I am checking on the availability of a book on hold, maybe the next day or the next week, and I haven't logged in already... then I have to manually log in in order to see availability or to check out a book.

This is not critical by any means... just a nice to have. The work-around of logging in manually will allow the rest of the functionality to work.
buttersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #324
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

I am not prompted to login... It sends me to the book record itself.

Also, there is no facility for remote-controlling FF/Chrome/etc. remotely through another program, and certainly not one that works in all browsers. The plugin merely passes a URL to the OS's default URL association.

Last edited by eschwartz; Yesterday at 10:31 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM   #325
jhowell
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersk View Post
Desired Behavior: Have the plugin check to see if I'm logged in to my library account and then proceed with login procedure if I'm not already logged in.
I agree with eschwartz. There is no practical way for the plugin to detect whether you have a browser already signed in to OverDrive or to have it sign in for you.
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #326
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

You could use the login URL with a returnto variable passed which sends you to the book record once you login at the prompt (see the Sign In link in the top right corner of OverDrive for the format). It sounds like that that is what you are complaining AGAINST, though. And the plugin certainly isn't doing that ATM.

EDIT: It would be
Code:
http://library.digital.website.com/BANGAuthenticate.dll?Action=AuthCheck&URL=ContentDetails.htm%3fid%3d********-****-****-****-***********&ForceLoginFlag=0

Last edited by eschwartz; Yesterday at 02:57 PM.