Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #91
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks, moejoe.

I am researching the codec for Windows MP on Vista and think I may look into a way to just download and burn to DVD. (if possible)

I can watch it on my laptop with no problem but would like to have it for larger screen viewing. I'll let you know if I get stuck somewhere .
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #92
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thanks, moejoe.

I am researching the codec for Windows MP on Vista and think I may look into a way to just download and burn to DVD. (if possible)

I can watch it on my laptop with no problem but would like to have it for larger screen viewing. I'll let you know if I get stuck somewhere .
There's an open source video-to-DVD program called DVDFlick. I've used it many times to make DVD's from downloaded files. Very easy to use and produces good quality results (depending on source).

You can get it here - http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

If you have any problems with it, let me know
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #93
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm just synch'ing my iPod Touch with Topper now, and I'll shortly Stanza the ebook.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #94
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
The length of time it's taken me to download a movie, convert it and burn it to DVD (so that I could watch it on the TV), I might as well have watched it on the PC.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #95
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
The length of time it's taken me to download a movie, convert it and burn it to DVD (so that I could watch it on the TV), I might as well have watched it on the PC.

WDE.
O.K., I agree. The download was slow, slow, slow. I'd be better off just picking up a cheap copy for watching on a larger screen. I guess I was thinking it would be as quick as when I copy and burn my DVD library.

I'm loving the book and really want a copy of the movie.
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #96
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
O.K., I agree. The download was slow, slow, slow. I'd be better off just picking up a cheap copy for watching on a larger screen. I guess I was thinking it would be as quick as when I copy and burn my DVD library.

I'm loving the book and really want a copy of the movie.
Yes, it was slow, and I converted MPEG4 via NERO to DVD. Result was great. Watched it last night. Now I just have to download and read the book.

WDE. (I should have taken notes)
Old 04-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #97
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Yes, it was slow, and I converted MPEG4 via NERO to DVD. Result was great. Watched it last night. Now I just have to download and read the book.

WDE. (I should have taken notes)
Hey, I never thought of using Nero. I have it on the Win XP laptop. Is it just a straight conversion? I wonder if the Windows DVD maker on my Vista laptop would work? I haven't used this yet. Hummm.. I'll have to check into this when I have more time...

I'm reading the book first then the movie.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #98
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Hey, I never thought of using Nero. I have it on the Win XP laptop. Is it just a straight conversion? I wonder if the Windows DVD maker on my Vista laptop would work? I haven't used this yet. Hummm.. I'll have to check into this when I have more time...

I'm reading the book first then the movie.
It took me several attempts to get this right with Nero, the steps are something like this:

Nero Vision -> Make a DVD (DVD-Video) -> Add Video File -> NEXT -> Select Menu -> NEXT -> Burn

Took over an hour to recode and burn video.

WDE.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #99
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Way too long for a movie. I'll have to get out my old laptop and see what program my nephew loaded for me. I know that it is pretty quick when making a "backup" copy of Di*ney movies Something I can explore on my off days... No time now, almost time to get back to work..
Thanks for your responses..