Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4
Kindle won't look at Dictionary

For some bizarre reason my Kindle has stopped looking at the dictionary. It is still there however when I move the cursor to a word I get the message

Quote:
No Dictionary Found: To see definitions, download the dictionary for this language, press (home icon), click on Archived items and select a dictionary
I could still see my Oxford Dictionary (UK English) however I took the USA version out, of archived, and linked it to that.

Still the same message from the Kindle. So I reconnected my UK English, hoping the change would cause it to find it again. However, it still doesn't.

I have messaged Amazon but have received no response as yet.

Can anyone please provide any solution to my predicament?

Thanks
Villordsutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try rebooting your Kindle. I had this same issue following a firmware update.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking
Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Villordsutch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will give it a try now
Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

Still nope

I have also just received the dictionary resent from Amazon and still it won't find the dictionary
Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hmmm. The way I solved it was to delete the dictionary from the Kindle, and then reload it from the Archive. If you've already tried that, I'm not sure what else to suggest, other than contacting Kindle CS about it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Villordsutch
Tubby Viking

I sorted it. For some reason it was in Portuguese (according to Calibre)
Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Natalie8912
Natalie8912 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I had the same problem and I fixed it. My dictionary somehow wound up on "My Items" instead of "Archived Items". I "long clicked" (not sure how else to say it) my dictionary and a window popped up which had a Add To Archived Items options. I moved the dictionary to Archived Items and boom, my dictionary is now working. Thank goodness. I was really missing out on some good words.
Natalie8912 is offline   Reply With Quote