Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #196
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Unless it's been significantly upgraded since the last time I looked, Sigil does not correctly handle epubs with multiple directories inside and the devs had no plans to fix it. I don't think you can trust what Sigil tells you about the structure of an EpubMerge epub. Nor can you trust an epub saved from Sigil that had multiple dirs to start with.
Well, that was it!

The created collection is ok in the beginning but gets mixed up when is opened for editing, you were right.

The fast solution that I found was to re convert the epub with calibre.
After that I can open it and edit it as I like.

Thanks for your help!
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:17 PM   #197
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the Calibre editor. That does not flatten the EPUB like Sigil does
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #198
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 2.0.4 - 16 Mar 2015
  • Switch to github for source repository.
  • Normalize line endings on windows standard.
  • Some translation updates.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:57 AM   #199
maccydvic
maccydvic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Missing Pages?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has an issue with the epub merge plug in. I have tried it and sometimes find it missing out pages when merging books together?

Thanks
maccydvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #200
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccydvic View Post
Just wondering if anyone has an issue with the epub merge plug in. I have tried it and sometimes find it missing out pages when merging books together?
I haven't heard of that before.

Can you give me copies of a couple source epubs that happens with? And the resulting epub that's missing pages?

Also, don't try to use Sigil to edit a merged epub--it doesn't handle the resulting structure correctly.
Advert
Old 05-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #201
imaginedtruths
imaginedtruths began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4th Generation
I have a question regarding this plugin. I am hoping this is the right place to put this request. I have a rather large collection of epubs, correctly tagged and organized using plugboards. I recently was given a Kindle Paperwhite 2, and was wondering if this might work? If so, what setting would work best to do my idea in Calibre? My idea is taking a collection of epubs, and combine them using EpubMerge, then using Calibre and convert the "merged" epub to a azw3 or mobi file and use my usb cable and calibre to send the combined book to my PaperWhite. Will that work? or Will the Paper White freak out and be unable to handle a master TOC of each book and a individual TOC of each "merged" book?
imaginedtruths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #202
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginedtruths View Post
My idea is taking a collection of epubs, and combine them using EpubMerge, then using Calibre and convert the "merged" epub to a azw3 or mobi file and use my usb cable and calibre to send the combined book to my PaperWhite. Will that work? or Will the Paper White freak out and be unable to handle a master TOC of each book and a individual TOC of each "merged" book?
As far as I know, that should work. The only way to really tell is to go ahead and try it. If your Kindle doesn't like the epub, you can just delete it from the Kindle.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #203
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi Jimm,

I have the "flatten table of contents" option checked, but in the latest anthology I created with FFF, the TOC is multilevel. Is this a bug or should I change something?
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #204
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FanFicFare calls EpubMerge, but it doesn't use EpubMerge's settings.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #205
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

What should I change to make the TOC flat? I only had this problem with the last two anthologies. The others are flat, and I used FFF or FFDL to start the process.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #206
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
What should I change to make the TOC flat? I only had this problem with the last two anthologies. The others are flat, and I used FFF or FFDL to start the process.
EpubMerge automatically makes a flat(ish) TOC in certain circumstances, for example if the book to be merged only has one TOC entry of it's own. And for our convenience, it skips title_page and log_page in FanFic books for counting those. Having a cover will force nested TOC, however.

Or at least, it should. Turns out I forgot that EpubMerge refers to the dc:contributor field in the source books, which changed from FFDL to FFF.

The attached version also recognizes FFF created books, so one chapter (no-cover) books won't create nested TOC. That's the same behavior as before.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-04-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:56 AM   #207
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
EpubMerge automatically makes a flat(ish) TOC in certain circumstances, for example if the book to be merged only has one TOC entry of it's own. And for our convenience, it skips title_page and log_page in FanFic books for counting those. Having a cover will force nested TOC, however.

Or at least, it should. Turns out I forgot that EpubMerge refers to the dc:contributor field in the source books, which changed from FFDL to FFF.

The attached version also recognizes FFF created books, so one chapter (no-cover) books won't create nested TOC. That's the same behavior as before.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:10 AM   #208
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

It works, thanks
Old 07-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #209
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.8 - 12 Jul 2015
  • Update FanFicFare integration.
  • Translation updates, add partial Romanian translation.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #210
crullx
crullx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T61
Question How to delete merged book word?

Hi,

How to delete merged book word?
If I delete it and it's empty, it still adds "Anthology" to the merged book!
Is there a way to not add any words to the title? I find this quite disturbing because I always have to delete it manually.
crullx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs