Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
I have just downloaded an update is it the hoped for fix discussed in this thread for the SoD issue? My Vox keeps powering off in hibernation then when I manage, with diffuculty, to get it going again the WiFi has switched itself off. This is a nightmare as the Vox is for my elderly computer not savvy Mum.
I just checked with my unit. Don't think the new firmware has been pushed, at least not in Canada yet. Was your Vox updated to the December firmware Orn8one. Should show V18 if you use the "Firmware Update" app in the app drawer. If it shows v19, I may have to get a bit excited

Cheers

Last edited by Kboland; 02-29-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #32
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Sorry, no need to get excited. I have downloaded Ox18 which is interesting as when I set it up 3 days ago it told me the firmware was uptodate. I am now going to be an anxious as you to get 19. My Mum is 83 and has never used anything computer-ish before. She is trying so hard and enjoying it but the SoD thing and the fact it loses it's wifi after the annoying sleep is going to ruin it for her. She isn't experienced enough to unstick herself. I am going away on Sunday, I pray it's sorted before then.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #33
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Although I would love to be surprised, I have no confidence that the next (or any) update will resolve sleep of death. For now, set wifi sleep policy to never and leave wifi on.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #34
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I just checked for an update with 8 hours to go before the end of this month and there was none. Usually updates for "the rest of the world" outside North America come just a little bit later. Maybe the Kobo guy who promised an update in February is a salesman, not an engineer. I'd rather get an update that is solid rather than an iffy one rushed to beat a promised deadline.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #35
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
Well KoboJason at the beginning of this thread said that there should be an update in a matter of weeks. Perhaps he or any other Kobo employee is monitoring this thread could give an update on the progress of an update. I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert