Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 06:29 AM   #481
rracoon01
Enthusiast
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
FYI. Just a note on books with 99 copies as returned from the new availability function. In response to a question I asked about why these books are frequently not available for checkout, the folks at overdrive.com explained that the licenses have an expiration date and that when expired it is up to the individual library to either renew the license or pull the book from their catalog. It is not uncommon though for the libraries to just leave the book in the catalog. In this situation a user would only be able to add the book to his holds list. Ideally this is done by the libraries to guage the demand for the book and decide whether to renew their license for it. In my experience with three different libraries, such books languish in my holds list for months, until I finally contact the library. Most often the library will renew the license if contacted, but not always.

Just FYI, no response required.
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #482
Montana Harper
Enthusiast
Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.Montana Harper can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 5s, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Question #ol_wait_weeks

I love the new wait time feature! I have a question about it, though.

I'd like to be able to split the custom #ol_wait_weeks column into two, one for audiobook and one for ebooks, but because it's a custom column created by OverDrive Link, I can't figure out how to create two new custom columns and populate them from it. Would it be a lot of trouble for that feature/option to be added to the plugin?

Or maybe someone could help me with the custom column creation, since I'm not particularly skilled with Calibre's template language.

Thanks!
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #483
jhowell
Addict
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kinde PW II, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
I love the new wait time feature! I have a question about it, though.

I'd like to be able to split the custom #ol_wait_weeks column into two, one for audiobook and one for ebooks, but because it's a custom column created by OverDrive Link, I can't figure out how to create two new custom columns and populate them from it. Would it be a lot of trouble for that feature/option to be added to the plugin?

Or maybe someone could help me with the custom column creation, since I'm not particularly skilled with Calibre's template language.

Thanks!
The next release of the plugin will support a tweak that allows the ol_wait_weeks column to be sorted or filtered in a variety of ways, but it will still only allow the creation of a single custom column. If that is not sufficient, you can create multiple custom columns with different subsets of the data, even with the current version of the plugin, but it is a bit complicated to set up. I described one approach in this post.

To set this up you need to copy the function definition from that post to the dialog you can find through Preferences -> Advanced -> Template Functions. Once the template function is set up you can create a new custom column using the function name. Instructions are shown in that dialog, but it is a bit complicated.

That function in that post will show only audiobooks. For non-audiobooks you would replace "'#' in f" with "'#' not in f" and pick a new name for the function, such as ol_wait_non_audio_only.

Once you set up the new columns to your liking you can hide the original ol_wait_weeks custom column by right-clicking the column heading and choosing "Hide column...".
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote