Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Kindle touch landscape and new interface with new update

I just chat with amazon CS and they said the next update will make landscape available on the kindle touch and there is going to be a new interface as well , but he couldn't tell me when , just that it will be soon!
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Nice! Auto rotate would be nice too
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Nice! Auto rotate would be nice too
Does the touch even have the sensor to make this possible?
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
looser
looser began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebod View Post
Does the touch even have the sensor to make this possible?
yes, KT has sensor. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164828
looser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looser View Post
Ah, interesting. I only use my touch for reading books so haven't bothered with hacks and mods so far.
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine100 View Post
Auto rotate would be nice too
Yeah, if it actually works right. I never use landscape mode on my DX and I'm constantly having to lock it in portrait mode because it keeps setting itself back to auto.

Last edited by dreams; 04-14-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: edit out spam from quote - moderator
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

I heard in another topic that the update is out. Does anyone know if the update includes a switch to disable rotation? I think I'd rather stick with the old firmware if there's a risk of accidental rotation.
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Breed92014
Enthusiast
Breed92014 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
The page does not rotate automatically. You have to choose "Landscape Mode" in the Menu for it to rotate.
Breed92014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's good; autorotation is a nuisance.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote