Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
hstiver
hstiver began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem with zip to epub

I am trying to convert a zip (zip compressed folder) to epub in Calibre and it is converting only part of the files. Basically it converts one file and all of the links on it but this is only a portion of the total ebook. I have tried a pdf conversion with the same result.

Any help is much appreciated.
hstiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...specific-order
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
hstiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you. However I have already done that. For some reason the conversion only includes a particular xhtml file (called Tours) and any files which I had linked to it. All of my other files are not included and cannot be viewed.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Are the files linked to the first file you added? If not then you will need to create a top level TOC file that links to the files you want to be included. Calibre only converts the first file and any files linked to that in any way.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
hstiver

I don't know if this is useful, but I set up the debug output and it shows none of the missing files in input,parsed,processed, or structure directories
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
hstiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Are the files linked to the first file you added? If not then you will need to create a top level TOC file that links to the files you want to be included. Calibre only converts the first file and any files linked to that in any way.
Excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure what you mean by this. I made a new compressed folder and then copied all of the files and pasted them into this new directory, including a TOC file created as per the User Manual. Do you mean I need to tag the TOC file in a manner that shows it as the first or top level, and if so, can you tell me how I would do that?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
hstiver

I think I'm on my way to sorting it. I tried adding only the TOC file file and not the directory and that seem to get everything. I'll need to check it more completely but it seemsw like progress.

Thanks again
Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hstiver View Post
I think I'm on my way to sorting it. I tried adding only the TOC file file and not the directory and that seem to get everything. I'll need to check it more completely but it seemsw like progress.
I'm glad you worked it out.

Turns out what you did is exactly how the user manual said to do it.

Well done.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
hstiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm glad you worked it out.

Turns out what you did is exactly how the user manual said to do it.

Well done.
I suppose thats right. I had not understood that "add to GUI" meant add only that file rather than as part of all files. It certainly is a lot easier like that.