Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Do recipes use a cache?

I'm working on a recipe using parse_index and soup to read a page at a URL that never changes. That first page has a link to a second page. The second page has a link to a third page, etc.

These pages contain the content (articles) that I want, as well as the links I want for the articles. I grab the first page, create the article link for that page and the article link for page 2 from the data on page 1. Then I read page 2 into BeautifulSoup, find the link for page 3 and stick that into my index, etc.

At this point everything is great. I've got my parsed index, and if I let it run, I get the content I want from my parsed index, just as if it had been read from an RSS feed.

However, trouble rears its head when I try to modify the pages with preprocess_html or use preprocess_regexps. It sort of looks like it's pulling the pages (that I've already downloaded to build my article/feed index) from a cache, instead of modifying them with preprocess_html before grabbing them. Has anyone seen this interaction, or have suggestions for dealing with this?

Thanks.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, they don't.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, they don't.
OK, thanks.
As soon as I was certain it was not some sort of caching problem, I was able to find the error in my recipe. I had used "soup" as a variable twice and was writing over its contents, with unexpected results.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote